Anyone from Yorkshire England

Guest ryan7376

Guest Guest75
Me my wife and 3 kids are moving to oz next year and would love to ask questions to anyone whose emegrated over there recently. Cheers Ryan

Eyyy Oppp!

Being Yorkshire makes no difference at all here ;-)

My accent is very strong and some of the locals have trouble with it - spesh after a few beers!

Ask away..........

We came from Pudsey,nr Leeds.

Guest dglamoore

Greg my OH is from Keighley originally but has lived in sussex and devon for quite a few years too so his accent is bit of a mix but still very strong yorkshire when had a few :lol: :lol: :lol: God know what he will sound like with a bit of aussie twang thrown in :lol:

Lisa

Guest ryan7376

Nice 1 Tyke thanks for the reply, is the way of life over there the same as it is talked about over here we are a very sociable family and feel we will fit in ok we are going to try jumping the sinking ship with out visiting oz, what do u think? Ryan The Trician...

Guest dglamoore

Hi Ryan

Our TRA took 18 working days as not on modl list but at the time seemed to take forever and a day :D

Hang on in there - you will get that email/letter soon and its a fantastic feeling when you do. Worth all the hard work :D

Lisa

Guest Guest75
Nice 1 Tyke thanks for the reply, is the way of life over there the same as it is talked about over here we are a very sociable family and feel we will fit in ok we are going to try jumping the sinking ship with out visiting oz, what do u think? Ryan The Trician...

:-)

It is a whole world different to what you see on Neighbors ;-)

Life can be very tough as you settle at first but it gets better.

Finding friends can be hard,we have been lucky and met some good folk.We also meet up with people from the migration forums now and again.

Recently we have met some smashing people (two families) who I'm sure will be life long friends :-)

We did come out for a reccie trip,the second time I came over I kissed the ground as I got off the plane - I knew it was home.

I normally advise people to come over for a reccie trip (not a holiday) - it does help to give you an idea.But I've met many people who have setttled well without the trip.

Hell - it's an adventure!! - treat it so :-)

I don't regret abandoning ship.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest The Ashtons
Me my wife and 3 kids are moving to oz next year and would love to ask questions to anyone whose emegrated over there recently. Cheers Ryan

Naa then ryan arz it guin :wink:

Sorry :lol: bit of locl intro if you didnt know already we r off in march we live near Hillsborough if you need to know anything we will try and help the best we can

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Dave & Vicky

Hi Ryan and other Yorkshire folk, actually any fellow Poms. We have been here in Adealaide a few years now and have never looked back. We are more than happy to meet and share experiences. We live in the South of Adelaide. Come from sunny Sheffield. Never visited before arriving and left all family and friends behind.

Yell out if you have any questions, :lol: we will be more than happy to help.

Cheers

Vicky and Dave

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest Keel

Hello everyone,

Me and my otherhalf are currently living in sunny Rotherham.We are both police officers and have got our interviews for SAPOL at the end of this month so fingers crossed!! Just stumbled across the site whilst revising for my interview and its been great.We do use the police forum which has been informative but it's always nice to hear from more people who are living the dream!

No doubt i'll be posting tonnes of questions in the near future.Brace yourselves!!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest magali

This is now a week before we go and meet our migrating agent for the first time! we have made our decision and it is final: we are on our way to meet some of you guys but before this i need some advice. My husband is a joiner and we are talking of settlind down in or more than likely around adelaide with our 3 kids who are 9, 6, and1 and we would like to know a bit more about the nice areas around the city: school is very important. We have never been to australia before and like they say, location is everything. any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. Mags x

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Guest75
Is that you Russell?

Only 5 weeks to go and we'll be there too.

Michelle and Steve from Sheffield

Aye - tis' me :D,I get everywhere don't I??

Not long now.........right in the middle of our winter.pack some woolies in those cases!!

Guest debbieuk

hi,

we are from rotherham, me debbie - nurse, glenn fitter, josh n shelby 12 and 10.

we are hoping to get to sa next year, how about a south yorkshire meet up some time....it would be lovely to meet local folk who are in the same boat as us

take care

good luck on your journey

debbie

Guest Guest75
hi,

we are from rotherham, me debbie - nurse, glenn fitter, josh n shelby 12 and 10.

we are hoping to get to sa next year, how about a south yorkshire meet up some time....it would be lovely to meet local folk who are in the same boat as us

take care

good luck on your journey

debbie

Aye Oooop!

Not lost my accent after 7 years here - West Yorks bloke me'sen though :P

Guest debbieuk

aye ooop ye'sen

nah then ows it goin

how does the ozzy twang mix wi'the yorkie twang.

ahm on t'internet loads today

cant wait to get down under

like the look o'your rentals

debbie

Guest aogly1964@tiscali.co.uk

hi ryan we are from sunny doncaster originally but now live in glossop,we are just waiting for meds and visa then we will be in adelaide.what do you do for work.andrew&sue;)

Guest aogly1964@tiscali.co.uk

why dont we organise a yorkshire meet,would be a good laugh at least we would be able to understand eachother.andrew&sue

Guest debbieuk

hi andrew n sue

a yorkshire meet would be fab....i know that the yellow screen (dont know if i can say the name on here) are having a big one on the 17th at 2pm but it seems to be mainly north yorkshire who meet up so COME ON ALL YOU SOUTH YORKSHIRE FOLK lets have one a bit more local :)

the hospital that sue is workin in is that in sheff or do you mean she has a job already down under

how far on are you

speek to you soon

debbie

Guest Aussiebound

We are having a meet in Lincoln, not too far south for you, on the 19th August, still sorting out time and place, more than welcome to join us.

The more the merrier!!

Guest Django
i know that the yellow screen (dont know if i can say the name on here)

Only if you cross your fingers, close your eyes and spit over your left shoulder. ;):D:D