New to Adelaide - advice

Guest jomasey

Guest jomasey

Hi there... I'm Jo (34). My fiance Paul (30) and I have now been in Adelaide - from London - for around 6 weeks. We've done well with buying a house in Semaphore and we've both got jobs so all good on that front! I just wondered how to meet people? I feel pretty lonely which is making it difficult for me to settle. I know it is only early days - but it would be good to chat to someone who understands the difficulty of moving somewhere new. I really miss my family and friends. I do really like adelaide but would like it more if there was someone to share a chilled glass of something and have a chat!

Jo

Guest jomasey

Thanks so much for your message. Good luck with your move - I hope it goes well for you. We're not agest :) If you need any help when you get here - let us know! I suppose everything is going crazy for you now as you're only a month or so away from your move. I really hope you like adelaide. It really is a lovely place to be.

Joining here is a good way!!!!

I find that just getting out and about and chatting to people is a good thing, I met a great friend just by walking into the same building at the same time!!! I think it was Lisa that said never turn down and invite and I find this to be very true... What line of work are you in? We are often in Semaphore to let the kids run off some steam so PM if you want to meet up, we are not far away from you, just outside the city in Glen Osmond

Guest piersabc

Hi Jo & Paul

We are just arrived last week and just around the corner from you in Port Adelaide. We love Semaphore and have been looking at houses thier too. Love to meet up with you and you can fill us in on the gossip and we will try our best to take away the home sickness. We are 34 and 35 and Colette and Piers is our name. Give us a call on040507781 - it would be great to catch up and watch the rugby or just go out and catch up on Sunday.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Colette & Piers

Guest Russfamily

we will b in largs bay soon just a stones throw away arriving in nov if u want to meet up but we are restricted as we have two great kids that will need to b kept occupied

Hi Guys

I haven't even got my visa yet!! am awaiting my fiance visa to marry my Aussie Richard, but am a little yellow about missing everyone too!! I know it will be worth it in the end and wish you luck in settleing in. I get married in Glenelg, and hope to live in or around Semaphore.

Best wishes for the future

Jan

Guest piersabc

Hi Rusfamily

When you are new to any area the more friends you can make the better and easier settling is, give us a shout when you arrive and well meet up and say hi. Semaphore has got some great beaches, slides and kids areas they will love it!

Guest dani~steve~co

Hi Jo,

I'm Dani (29), got to Adelaide 3 weeks ago with my hubbie Steve (33) and our two boy 4 and 1. We are from London and are looking to hook up with others in our age group. We are loving it too, but it's such a big step and can be lonely.

We are living in Glenelg at mo, but have just accepted a rental in Brighton, not too far from yourselves.

I'll pm you our number and if you fancy a nice glass of vino and a chat, you're more than welcome.

Take care

Danielle xx

Hi there... I'm Jo (34). My fiance Paul (30) and I have now been in Adelaide - from London - for around 6 weeks. We've done well with buying a house in Semaphore and we've both got jobs so all good on that front! I just wondered how to meet people? I feel pretty lonely which is making it difficult for me to settle. I know it is only early days - but it would be good to chat to someone who understands the difficulty of moving somewhere new. I really miss my family and friends. I do really like adelaide but would like it more if there was someone to share a chilled glass of something and have a chat!

Jo

Guest deb and stoo

Hi Jo & Paul

Why not pop along to the Belair meet on Friday, a lovely day out in a lovely park and a chance to meet some of the names from here, dont forget to bring a sausage or two for the barbie and even a bottle of the sparkling shiraz.........nice:D

Hi Martin & val, I feel a bit of an idiot, as can't work out how to open my reply's!! can I be really cheeky and ask you to email me and let me know what to do.. Thanks alot Jan :)

email add :janis.angelo@seevic-college.ac.uk

Guest jomasey

hi all - thank you sooooo much for all your lovely messages. It means so much to me and has made me feel better already! I've been offline for a while - we've moved into our new house in semaphore.. it's been a busy one! I'm sure everyone knows that.... I'll reply to your messages as soon as my feet have touched the floor! I just really wanted to say a huge thank you - you all seem fantastic and I hope things are going well for everyone... it is a roll-a-coaster!