New to Poms in Adelaide

Guest potteriespom

Guest potteriespom

Just come across this forum

My husband (Phil - Carpenter and Joiner by trade but a Glazier here) and me (Clare - Personnel Assistant HR) left Stoke-on-Trent in Nov 1995 to start a new life here in Oz we have been here 12 years this year and we are sure we made the right move.

Both our girls (Bethany 11 and Lauren 7) were born here.

Moving out here has enable us to have a family and for me to work part-time to raise our girls and to have a better standard of living than we did in the UK.

Having been back to the UK on holiday 3 times I can't say I miss the place only my family who are all in the UK. We do have great support from my in-laws and the many Australian friends we have made since being over here.

Please don't be afraid to ask for any advice and I would also love to hear from any ex pats from Staffordshire or from anyone who is thinking about living down south near the beach

Clare:)

Guest Django

Hi Clare,

Welcome to PIA. Nice to hear a positive story. We shall be joining you out there next year at somepoint. Can't wait to get there and start our new lives.

Pete

Guest sarahsmartiepants

Hello and welcome to the site, We are in Hallett cove, pt noarlungs is a great beach, going to pluck up the courage to snorkel of the end of the jetty this summer!

sarah

Guest jen&ian

Hi,

We are currently from Burton on Trent not a million miles from your old home town. We will be living in Moana from the beginning of November we just can't wait to get there, only 3 weeks to go:jiggy:.

Jen:)

Welcome, we only arrived 6th Sept & love many suburbs south of Adelaide. I love this forum but with dial up I don't get on as often as I would like.

If you are ever passing Hallett Cove, let me know, I am not working at the moment but hope to do part time in the future. I have 2 boys aged 10 (almost 11) & 7 years old.

Angela

• 1 year later...
Guest cazandbrad

Hey potteriespom, were fellow stokies hoping to come over to adelaide!

Living in Leek at the moment but grew up in Stoke, you been back recently, its changed ALOT since 1995

• 4 weeks later...
Guest john&kel

Hi Clare

Great story ! Hope it works out that well for us!

No doubt I will be posting something to you at some point!

Speak soon

Kelly & John :)