A Worry

Guest KK&MM

Hi there, We haven't had a reason to post anything lately. But I'm a tad worried now, we were thinking about booking our medicals for the beginning of November. I however, have recently been off my work with back pain. I have been assured that it is muscular, and I'm wondering whether or not I should disclose this? What do you guys think?

Guest ali@51

Hi I cant tell you wether or not you should disclose it. But if you do you will need a letter from your GP/consultan to confirm this when you go to your medial. In my opinion if you can get this sorted befor the medical it might be safer to disclose than to not. best of luck

Guest sarahsmartiepants

From what I can remember they are only interested in on-going problems. If your doc says it is muscular than personally I wouldnt bother. I am serverley anemic and that didnt bother them.

sarah

Guest jen&ian

Personally I wouldn't say anything. It sounds like too minor a complaint to mention, as long as yuor doc is happy it's just a strain I wouldn't worry.

Jen:)

Hi everyone

Thankyou for your replies, my other half wrote the first post, you can tell - no smilies! :)

As we get closer to the end of this part of the journey things like this happening become a huge worry. It's nice getting some reassurance thankyou. We'll see how things go, OH is already feeling better.

We got an email from our employer today and are hoping for a Jan 2008 landing in Oz. Fingers crossed. We're lucky as we don't have to worry about house sale cos we rent, one less thing on huge check list.

:wideeyed:

Thanks again.

Katy

Hi Angela

Was just curious, you mentioned GP file. We were under the impression that your medical records can't be accessed without your permission. Do the panel Doctors have access to them for the medical?

Katy

Guest dglamoore
Hi Angela

Was just curious, you mentioned GP file. We were under the impression that your medical records can't be accessed without your permission. Do the panel Doctors have access to them for the medical?

Katy

The panel doctors do not see your medical files at all - just down to whatever you chose to tell them ;)

Lisa:wubclub:

Guest graandjac

:DJust check with your chosen docs weither you need to take your med history along and if not , i wouldn't bother to tell them, only my opinon. Cheers Graham

Guest lastboyscout

I wish I`d kept my mouth shut about my back complaint TBH:mad:

I put on the meds form that I suffered from back ache occasionally and am now paying the price for my honesty :mad:

The initial doctor at Handsworth Wood asked for a consultant orthaepaedic report and would have cost me about £200, so I went to my GP and he said he had one on record from 2004 and said to send that as it would be sufficient.

Then I had a phonecall off HWMC saying that they think they should send a more up to date one and as I don`t have £200 lying about spare I said to send the one from 2004. They then informed me that it could be returned and that they might ask for one at the Oz end.:mad:

Its really starting to p*** me off now , I`ve never had a day off work through my back problem and although it does give me gip occasionally I can put up with it

I just hope it doesn`t jeopardise my application :mad:

Oh dear, sorry to read that. I have to say that it sounds like a scam to me! I mean there is no way a GP would refer you to an orthopeadic consultant if you went to them with back ache. Good grief ( I'm being polite!) 90% of the population has been bothered with back ache.

I'm beginning to wonder if the Panel doctors vary across the country with regards to what they pick up on in these medicals. Surely the whole point of the medical is to check if you're entering Oz with a complaint that may be a burden on their health service, quite rightly.

I'm halting the rant now! I hope all goes well with you, I can see absolutely no reason why not. Maybe after they've extracted some more cash from you it will all be soretd. Oh that's more ranting, sorry.

Katy

Guest sarahsmartiepants

Whos' to know the back ache didnt start after you walked out of the door at the medical??? Most of us will get ill at some point after our meds. I only told the doc about being anemic, because I knew it would show on the blood test.

sarah