• Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Like Tree2Likes

Thread: On the way

Right, thanks for the tip. Cycling can be pretty hectic here in Portsmouth, at least one close escape every couple of days in the summer. So no change then :-)

oh yes, i will know when the visa is sorted, i have the firm offer though. initially it was to be in a forensic ward, kind of place i'm working in now. with the eta now looking feb/ march they anticipate placibg me on an acute ward...somewhere. i don't mind mind where i work really, just want to get over there!

Highbury, SA
      4221 times
      OH cycles in to work most days: we live in the North East and he works in the South West bottom corner of the city. He goes through Linear Park for a lot of the way (cycle paths) and then alongside the O-Bahn tracks, and then through the parklands so although it's about 45 mins ride (he's pretty fast) it's a lot safer than going on the roads! Just have to dodge the odd homeless person in the parklands....and look out for three-cornered jacks lying in wait to puncture your tyres...

Depending on where you'll be working, try and find somewhere with something similar for cycling. I know there are a couple of similar "linear parks" around and believe me, the less interaction with Adelaide drivers you have, the better!!
      Sometimes the grass will appear greener on the other side because it has been fertilised by bull****

Sounds like good advice, thank you. three cornered jacks? that's a new one. i've had drinks cans thrown at me by chavs before, but invariably they are drunk and slow so no worries there. i like the idea of cycling through some green parks...i will deffo get busy with a map oonce i know where i will be.
      all i need to do now is sort out where the fishing is :-)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Copyright 2006 - 2015 Australia Migration Forums