Did anyone kill their OH prior to the move?

Guest gingerlindz

Guest gingerlindz

Just wondered if other peoples relationships were tested prior to moving out? My boyfriend and I have never argued so much in our entire lives. Its always over stupid stuff and we mostly end up laughing about it after but just wanted to know that other people suffered the same problems before leaving and making the big move. We have 6 sleeps left before our flight leaves and I for one am terrified!

Lindsay:arghh::biglaugh:

Guest k8bug79
Just wondered if other peoples relationships were tested prior to moving out? My boyfriend and I have never argued so much in our entire lives. Its always over stupid stuff and we mostly end up laughing about it after but just wanted to know that other people suffered the same problems before leaving and making the big move. We have 6 sleeps left before our flight leaves and I for one am terrified!

I'm nowhere near ready to go yet but me and hubby have already said we are going to have to learn to take a lot of deep breaths. We are quite firey anyway so don't really need stress to flare us up. We have decided on a code word, something like "Bananas" when we are just getting stressy with each other due to the circumstances. We will need it a lot, sorting everything out in a strange envronment with 3 young kids in tow!!!!!

I could well be the first to kill their oh lol

Oh bless you, it is really silly all the stress of such move gives you! In the ned it will be all worth it and as long as you talk about it you will be fine and no your not going insane, me and my husband were exactly the same!

Good luck with the big move and just be kind to each other.

xx

Guest Nick11

Yes I did...over 3 years ago now and the memory is still with me!!!!!

Once you're on that plane..it will be fine. The last few days in the u.k are a nightmare.

Guest cornish Busdriver

ive been with my missus for the last 15years and we've only ever argued once.

I learnt from a long time ago your never gonna win against a woman in an argument so i just say you win .

We have disscussions but never argue.

Guest Claireandchrisdownunder

dont worry my husband and i have been married 20 years and the stress was exhausting, we argued but its because there is so much going through your head and you are trying to do so much, saying goodbye, getting stuff pack and most of all wondering if you have done the right thing!

once you are here, it took us a week to settle and now everything is fine! I didnt listen enough or hear what he was saying because, it seemed he only cared about his own emotions!!! (bloody men!!!!) but its because things are either happening too quickly or not quickly enough!!

go out for a nice meal and talk and then have great fun!!

good luck

claire

Guest clare

Hi yes we argue lots too now we are here. Both of us want the same things but stress and so much pressure to get it right make you bicker you just have to go with it and not take things to heart.

I thought i was pretty tuff but here the slightest thing makes me cry coz ur getting ova ur jet lag busy sorting out ur new lives, if he even looks at me sometimes its enuf. We have mainly argued ova work he thinks im pushing him into anything so ive backed off now which is better for us both (i dont actually think im that pushy) where are you heading for? we are moving to our rental in happy valley on saturday hope all goes well for you sorry just read that back didnt mean to vent off so much!!!!

Yes I did...over 3 years ago now and the memory is still with me!!!!!

Once you're on that plane..it will be fine. The last few days in the u.k are a nightmare.

You killed him?

Stress makes the calmest of people agitated so don't worry about it - you'll be fine.

Cooler

Guest Weez

Not before we left but when we got here!! we argued like mad:realmad::realmad: he was moody and stressed i was trying to stayed chilled for the kids, no one tells you how bloody stressfull it is, yes some lucky few flop into place and its easy street but for us it was a nightmare, took a lot of bloody hard work but now all is gooood!!;) good luck and go with the flow X

Guest katsmajic

Its normal to feel like wringing their necks....:biglaugh:

and the feeling gets stronger when your here as you spend so much time in each others company - not a real life situation feeling in the first cple of months as you only have each other to sound off against/discuss/cry/argue etc and if ones feeling more isolated than the other it can make things tenser.

BUT...it does get easier, when life calms a bit, you have made friends/workmates etc to also have 'normal' conversations with. :wubclub:

good luck & have a safe journey over xxx

Guest jorose

Oh aye we did, then as you begin to adjust to a new life the arguments continue but as long as you can manage to laugh about it you will be fine. Oh and just remember.......everything is their fault :cute::biglaugh:

Guest gingerlindz

Thanks folks for all the funny stories of fighting/discussions with other halves, you fair cheered me up! Only a few more days of fighting in this country left soon we'll be fighting abroad! How exotic!!!!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest dazzauk111

everybody argues b4 they leave its because you are s..t scared of what u r about to do i mean leave the only place you know in your life forever thats massive but it gets easier i know as only been here 7 weeks.......you will be ok............good luck

• 2 years later...

no it's not just you...this is probably about the most stressfull thing you will ever do.

:swoon: John B

Guest simpsona

Hi, not even read this entire thread yet but had to say "omg I know what you mean!" and we are in mega early stages too! Just over 20 years together and never argued so much ever! My friends in SA said they were exactly the same to the point of saying they were going alone! very difficult time I reckon! xxx

I was going to but the problems getting her in the container and through customs put me off.

having said that, my rusty old tools got in do I'm sure she would have.

It's normal stress tension it's all part if your journey.

its just a nice one when you can finally lift the lap bar off and step of the roller coaster.

tell him it's his fault, we know it always is...;-)

Guest LittleMissWildChild

Nope - hubby and I have been together coming up to 4 years, and we have never had an argument, not even with the pre-moving stress.

Hiya

Yes we argued terrible. It was a really stressful time. It really made us doubt if we were doing the right thing. The whole immigration process has tested our marriage to the very limits. Its not for the faint hearted or those whos marriage is on the rocks, cos it will sure add to the strain.

So your not on your own

Donna