Tra application

Guest mumsy

Guest mumsy

hi all

just wondering how long a TRA app takes to come through??? we have been waiting a while now! (35 days)

im probably just too impatient, i dont like waiting, want to get to oz asap to start our adventure, lol.

Any help/advice would be much appriciated!

thanks in advance

amy

Guest snowy10
hi all

just wondering how long a TRA app takes to come through??? we have been waiting a while now! (35 days)

im probably just too impatient, i dont like waiting, want to get to oz asap to start our adventure, lol.

Any help/advice would be much appriciated!

thanks in advance

amy

I was in the same situation a couple of months back, if you see my time line below you'll see how long ours took.

Now waiting for sponsorship appplications to resume!!! It seems to me that most of the time to gain a visa is spent waiting!!!!

Good luck

Guest Scrappin' Julie

Yep - TRA takes forever...if you have an agent then keep at them for updates - mine was bloody slack. Then PLEASE make sure that you know if you will still need a licence to work at your profession once you arrive. (My husband was a qualified floor finisher - passed TRA with flying colours only to find once we got here it meant nothing and he had to go to college to get his licence! 10 months later he was finally in a position to be employed)

Good luck.

Guest WhatNow?
Yep - TRA takes forever...if you have an agent then keep at them for updates - mine was bloody slack. Then PLEASE make sure that you know if you will still need a licence to work at your profession once you arrive. (My husband was a qualified floor finisher - passed TRA with flying colours only to find once we got here it meant nothing and he had to go to college to get his licence! 10 months later he was finally in a position to be employed)

Good luck.

Good Advice - the TRA simply proves that you are entitled to the visa and many jobs in the construction industry require you to have a licence before you can work for yourself or before an employer will take you on as' date=' say, a subcontractor. Depending on your trade, you may be able to accumulate some of the evidence you need towards it while you are waiting for your visa - might make the waiting around less stressful! You could contact the CITB at Construction Industry Training Board > Home if you need accurate information about current licensing requirements and how you can satisfy them (how long it can take and how much it can cost).

Guest MrsRoar

Hi Mumsy

TRA can take a while, I think ours took around 3 months. Hang in there, don't chew all your fingernails off!!

Best of luck with it, post back and let us know how its going!

Jo x

Guest mumsy

They recieved our TRA application on 07/06/2010 (i think we sent it a week before they actually recieved it) and got successful answer today 14/07/2010!!!

So we actually waited 27 working days. (It felt a lot longer than that!!! Wait til im waiting for our visa's to come through, im gonna be a wreck, lol)

How long have you been waiting??? Too long???

Guest mumsy

That sounds nice!

We have just come back from a 2 week break in menorca with the kids, to pass the time!!

So when are you planning on going to oz then??? if you dont mind me asking??

Guest mumsy

Got it all planned out!!

We are hoping sometime this year!!! My OH has a job to start jan 2011

Agent seems to think so anyway, fingers crossed!!!

Guest mumsy

we have been quite lucky really, from when we actually decided to emigrate in feb (this year). Fingers crossed everything else is as easy as it has been!!

Guest mumsy

My OH is a gasfitter!! He works for british gas here.

We couldnt believe it when we got the offer and for more money too!

So where are you from??