General advice.

Guest ste.back

Guest ste.back

Hi to everyone,

i am a poms in Adelaide virgin who is seeking advice on life in general in Adelaide. I am in the process of applying to come out there with my wife and two young sons. I am a qualified nurse and just wondered if any kind soul could give me advice on the opportunities there are within mental health nursing, particularly within child and adolescent mental health. Also keen to find out views on different areas of Adealide. Areas such as Reynella, Happy Valley and Morphet Vale are so far areas which we may consider settling in, just wondered if anyone has info/ advice??

keen to hear from you lucky people who are already in OZ.

Cheers for now

Steve.

Hi Steve,

We are still going through the visa process, but went out in April this year for a look.

My cousin stays in Morphett Vale, I actually quite liked it, some may not, mostly bungalows, but they are fairly central to the Marion Shopping Centre (20 mins drive) or to Moana Beach (10 minutes) - you can take your car onto the beach there. Flinders Hospital is only about (15 minutes).

House prices in these areas are pretty reasonable for what you get, basically the further away from the city the cheaper you are and also not right next to the beach.

Reynella is much the same as Morphett vale, pretty much the same idea with good and bad areas within both.

Happy Valley is more inland and up in the hills, house prices - you get quite a bit for your money because it is more inland.

Its more of affordability, how close to the coast you want to be, within a ten minute drive from Morphett Vale you have access to 5 different beaches.

We liked it, but want to live the full dream and move to the coast at either Hallett Cove or Moana. But it's all down to preference.

There are SA government websites with healthcare jobs within this, also try Flinders for information.

Good Luck.

Guest ste.back

Hi Cornelia,

Many thanks for the advice. I hope your visa application is successful and Adelaide is every thing you wish for including the house near the beach. Personally all that sands and its amazing ability to deposit istelf in suspiscious places is some what of a turn off and we will be looking to find a home with a pool so we can just kick back and chill in the garden. Like you say its all about individual preference and i'm sure when we eventually get out there we will be able to sample the sights and decide for ouselves.

Good luck with things

Steve.