General advice.

Guest ste.back

Guest ste.back

Hi to everyone,

i am a poms in Adelaide virgin who is seeking advice on life in general in Adelaide. I am in the process of applying to come out there with my wife and two young sons. I am a qualified nurse and just wondered if any kind soul could give me advice on the opportunities there are within mental health nursing, particularly within child and adolescent mental health. Also keen to find out views on different areas of Adealide. Areas such as Reynella, Happy Valley and Morphet Vale are so far areas which we may consider settling in, just wondered if anyone has info/ advice??

keen to hear from you lucky people who are already in OZ.

Cheers for now

Steve.

Hi Steve, welcome to PIA! I can't really give you definitive answers I'm afraid but having been in Adelaide for a couple of months now I can tell you that there always seems to be plenty of nursing jobs in the paper. Try going onto www.adelaidebound.com which I think lists the local hospitals, perhaps you could contact them for further info on vacancies? As regards where to live, I'm loathe to say too much as it always stirs up controversy on this site! The areas you've mentioned have nice parts and not so nice parts but that's true of most places really! Besides which it's much better to have a look when you get here as what took your fancy in the UK might not seem so appealing when you get here! It's a great place to live wherever you choose so good luck whatever you decide!

Regards,

Guest ste.back

Hey Monaghans,

many thanks for the advice. Like you say it is all a question of individual taste. As i am sat here composing this reply and i look out at the beautiful lancashire weather i think to myself any where in Adelaide has to be an improvement on this!

Enjoy the summer and remember the sun screen.

Steve.

Hi to everyone,

i am a poms in Adelaide virgin who is seeking ......

I got this far and thought eye eye. :Randy-git: :biglaugh:

Welcome to the forum I'm sure you'll get plenty replies from those out there.;):)

Pete

Guest russell 12
I got this far and thought eye eye. :Randy-git: :biglaugh:

Welcome to the forum I'm sure you'll get plenty replies from those out there.;):)

Pete

Always wondered where the randy git symbol would pop up. you were hot on the trace with this one Pete!!!!

Louise

Hi and welcome

have alook at www.careerone.co.au or that could be .com.au (my mind has gone blank) for jobs and www.realestate.com.au for houses you my be shocked just how much house you get for your money.

We have friends in Adelaide and they have advised us to stay clear of Elizebeth in the North but there are lots of people on this site live there and like it so it all comes down to what you want. They live in Wynn Vale and love it there but We would like to live nearer the beach when we get there so we look at Mophett Vale (10 mins from beach) when we look on the internet the houses seem in our price range and lots of people on here say nice things about it, but I guess you cant tell until your there.

But www.adelaidebound.com is prob the best place to start has tons of info on there.

Good luck and I my need you to check my mental state by the time our visa is granted LOL