Finding a job in Adelaide from the UK and what areas to look at

Guest artetaneville

Guest artetaneville

Can anybody advise me on how they found emplyment before leaving for Australia?

My partner is in the process of getting his AQFIII in Glazing (Flat Glass) and I am a part qualified Accountant (Should be fully qualified before we leave). We are goin over on his trade an it is our biggy visa appliaction next! Is it better to gain employment before we submit our visa application?

We also have 3 young kids and would love some advice on what areas to look at.

Thank You :)

Hi

Look for job vacancy at the net,keep trying...

Goodluck

Can anybody advise me on how they found emplyment before leaving for Australia?

My partner is in the process of getting his AQFIII in Glazing (Flat Glass) and I am a part qualified Accountant (Should be fully qualified before we leave). We are goin over on his trade an it is our biggy visa appliaction next! Is it better to gain employment before we submit our visa application?

We also have 3 young kids and would love some advice on what areas to look at.

Thank You :)

Guest Dijon

Hi

I came over a year a go as a partly qualified accountant (BA Hons in accounting and Finance and ATT with 4 years tax experience in medium practise) and have had to turn work down there has been that much of it.

I have dealt with two recruiting agencies who couldn't do more for me. I was temping to start as I was on a working holiday visa. The mere mention of applying for my partner visa resulted in two offers of permanent work.

The recruiting firms I used was Hays (of course) and entree recruitment. Since my permanent job offer, I had the Hays recruitment women on the phone to me twice asking if I knew of any accountants looking for work.

I didn't apply for any work prior to leaving home as I'd saved holiday from my old job so didn't need anything straight away. Within 2 hours of sending my CV to Entree, I was phoned and asked to come in for an interview, a week later I was starting somewhere.

When do you plan to come out? Let me know if you would like specific contact details and I will pass them on.

All the best

Dijon

Guest artetaneville

Thanks for getting back to me.

We r hoping to get out next year but this will all depend on how long we wait for our visa. It is very reassuring knowing that there is work out there.

Thanks again :)

Guest ben&sharon

Hi,

I'd also recommend Hays - you can register with them through their global arm before you leave (Working Overseas, Coming to Australia | Hays Australia) , or wait until you get here and book an appointment with them. I did the former - which meant that everything could be set up in advance. We arrived here on the Thursday, I had an interview with them on the following Tuesday and I had a job three days later! Caroline Rosenthal was the agent that looked after me, and she was fabulous - and she's kept in touch ever since to see how I'm doing (and to see if I need any staff - I'm not stupid!! :wideeyed:). I've been qualified for nearly ten years (ACCA), but there seemed to be work around at all levels, and in fact I've just taken someone on after a loooooong search because there is a real shortage of skill in the 'native' market.

It will do you a huge favour if you can qualify before you leave - not only will you have that asset, but you will also have the studying behind you; there is so much to take in here in the first few months that it'd be hard to fit that in as well (and especially with three kids - where are you finding the time??!! :huh:).

Pm me if there's anything I can help with - sadly I know little about glazing, but there are people on here that do, and I'm sure they'll add their input.

All the best,

Sharon.

I trawled thru the internet of companies that do my line of work and just fired them off an email, stating who i was, what i do when i was arriving and attached my CV/resume.......some companies didn't reply back but i did secure some interviews which were very promising...but due to us moving to the south of Adelaide and most companies were in the north the traveling would have been very hard.

just get i touch with as many companies as you can and try to lay some foundations....even if they are not looking for staff they my still want to catch up for a chat etc etc....

whitepages.com.au - Search for an Australian Business, Government or Person

Is a good place to start...

Hope this helps somehow...

HG