Hey all

Guest ultraviolet

Guest ultraviolet

Hi everyone, my names Rob, I'm 32 and married, no kids yet but my first is due in 9 weeks. I live in Birmingham and work as a Driving Instructor.

We went to Australia last year for 3 weeks on our honeymoon and just fell in love with the place. We've been in discussion for a while about a permanent move but as the wife has a large family it's a huge step and we need to make sure it's the right one for us. Things are on hold at the moment as baby will be due shortly, but hopefully within the next 12 months we will be close to getting the ball rolling.

One of the biggest decisions if we decide to go will be where to live, Sydney was great but not the sort of place I'd like to settle, we absolutely loved Perth but it felt very isolated. So at the moment Adelaide ticks all the boxes, and we're hoping to get over next year to check it out.

Well I've read through the site and there's a wealth of information to get through, and I hope I don't annoy you all with the constant questions I'm sure I'll have in the future, I've not got a clue where to start but guess everyone was like that at some stage.:err:

I know a Rob from a different forum that is a driving instructor that wants to go to Oz.:unsure: Do I know you? :confused:

Anyway if its you I know or you I don't Welcome to PIA. :D

Pete

Guest ultraviolet
:shocked::shocked::shocked:hey DJ (Pete?) yeah that's me, small world hey I found this place just browsing around, think that other place is dead now by the way. So hows things? Hope it's all going well, it's still early for us but wanted t oget as much research in a possible before we start:GEEK:

Good to have you on board Rob. So you picked Adelaide in the end. Wise move.;) Ask away with those questions as there are loads of fabby people on here only to pleased to help.

Not long now then eh? Soon be a daddy.:notworthy:

Guest ultraviolet

Thanks everyone for the welcome,

I'd say we're 99% set on Adelaide, like I said I loved Perth but it may not be the place to settle permanently, I like the look of Brisbane but I'm pretty sure Adelaide's the place.

Not long now then eh? Soon be a daddy.:notworthy:

Yeah only 2 months left (how time flies) and (s)he's the reason really we're looking at a move, I just can't see a future in the UK for our kids, just gotta get used to parenthood first.:wideeyed:

cheers mOZzy, there's some great info on there;)

Guest dglamoore

Hiya and welcome to PIA :jiggy:

Lots of luck with your upcoming daddyhood and starting your visa application to get over here. What does your wife do? Which visa you can go for may make some of your decisions for you on where you live :)

Any questions just shout and glad you like Adelaide Bound :D

Lisa:cute:

Guest ultraviolet

Hi and thanks again for the welcome.

My wife's a primary school teacher, I seem to remember reading somewhere that teachers may be required to do 2 years in a location that has the most demand (it certainly gives you extra points if you're willing to do it), not necessarily a capital city, so we may end up outside of Adelaide for the first couple of years.

I've had a brief look through the visa's and it does seem a bit complicated (as I expected it to be), but I guess the more research we do the clearer it'll become and we can see which will be the right visa for us.:)

Guest louiesmum

Hi

We're also new to site but it does seem very informative! We also had the decision between Perth & Adelaide, we decided Adelaide in the end for several reasons one of which you mentioned. Good luck with your decision & also very best of luck with the new addition to your family.

Guest ultraviolet

I had a snoop around on the pomsinperth site for a while and, whilst it wasn't all bad, I noticed alot of negative comments from people, and a fair amount who'd tried it and ended up leaving. The main negative seemed to be the cost of living in WA, particularly Perth, so it'll be inteteresting to compare with Adelaide, which seems much more reasonable.