moving soon

Guest jonny no cash

Guest jonny no cash

Hi eveyone,Im new to this forum,Im due to arrive in the next couple of months,my partner is a nurse and will arrive in september to start her job in october i have to hang back until the house sale is complete,The plan is for her to stay with freinds while she finds a place to rent which needs to be within reach of calvary hospital north adelaide,are there any area's to avoid and what are nice parts,I am a hgv 1 driver and also have ten years exp driving buses,either of these are what i hope to get a job in,ive applied to companies but they seem a bit slow replying so i'll turn up on there doorstep when i get there,Thats about all for now i know we are a couple of crackpots taking a lifechanging gamble but 'who dares wins' as they say,THANKS :biglaugh:

Guest cornish Busdriver

Hi mate.

Like you im a bus driver and missus is a nurse (Theaters) She started work a Calvary wakefield but now at flinders.

There are some realy nice area's around North Adelaide with great public transport links but depends realy on how far you are willing to travel and traffic does get very very congested there.

Missus used to travel from Christes beach (south) to the city every day but parking was such a hassle and the hospital wasnt up to her standard so she moved to flinders as it closer and more modern in its appproch to doing things.

Every one has there own oppion of which area's they like or dont like so its realy up to you to find out what suits you best.

We moved south as we grew up by the beach, always lived by the beach and could never not be by the beach and it has a realy nice layed back attitude to life and we dont mind the 30 minute travel to and fro work but this life style doesnt suit everyone.

Anyways im sure others will give you the views and experinces as well

Guest RichandHelen

Hey Mate

Like you, my wifes a nurse who works at Calvary Wakefield and Im a HGV driver. As Cornish says they are a little outdated at Calvary, but my wifes made some good friends so is happy.

On the driving front, Whether on a perm or temp visa I would recommend getting an SA licence.They dont seem to recognise UK licence for what it is.Prob why companies have been slow in replying.Getting an SA license involvles retaking your test !:arghh: HR for buses and HC for trucks .(Hc automatically gives you HR as well) I think you need some sort of acreditation for carrying passengers but not sure.Cornish would know. With your experience there should be no problem. I hate road ranger gearboxes !!.

I hope all goes well. Follow your dream we did,and its paying off:D

Rich

Guest jonny no cash

Cheers matt,do i need to change to sa licence prior to taking psv test or does it change over once you pass and it gets sent off, thanks ,Ste and Mandy

Guest cornish Busdriver
Cheers matt,do i need to change to sa licence prior to taking psv test or does it change over once you pass and it gets sent off, thanks ,Ste and Mandy

Hi mate.

Yeah you will need to go to service SA to change your licence first, get a police check when asked to and a medical which and when you pass your test you will need to go down to registry rd to get your accreitation and everything is tax deductable.

Dont worry bout it to much as everything is explained in the classroom.

Something i forgot to mention is that everyone is classed as permenent parttime on full time hrs so banks and everyone else classes it as full time.

Guest jonny no cash

Thats what i was getting at,do the company take you on first and then you do this or change it then apply,if you dont mind me asking what are the hourly rates and can you get permanent lates, private message on this if you want,cheers mate