Like Tree5Likes
    • 1 Post By Rachiegarlo
    • 1 Post By tommo64
    • 1 Post By xzibit
    • 1 Post By Guest75
    • 1 Post By cornish Busdriver

Thread: I couldn't feel more lonely

Thread deleted due to 123's comment.
      Last edited by jodiep; 20-08-2010 at 11:37 PM.

South Plympton, Adelaide
      1114 times
      Hang in there, if you can get a babysitter maybe you could do a course at the WEA to get you out and about, meeting people, plus I'm sure there are some meet ups happening on here soon. Other people have been through your experience and I'm sure they will comment soon.
      jodiep likes this.
      Sailed SS Australis out of Southampton 1977.Arrived October in Adelaide via Melbourne 1977.Liverpool/London 1987 - 1992
      Adelaide 1992 to eternity:)and one day you'll wake up and stop counting how long you've been here.

Hallett Cove, SA
      21 times

Sorry to hear about your situation. I can't relate to it personally, although I'm sure you're by no means unique being in that situation. The only advice I can give is that you try to get out and about as much as possible, do leisure/sporting activities that will bring you into contact with more people. Have you looked for groups with people in a similar situation to your own, i.e., single parent familys, etc.?

Hope this is some help.

All the best.
      jodiep likes this.
      Tom, Gail, Emily & Bradley

I really feel for you - that is a sucky situation and it must be extremely hard for you. Agree with what the previous people said about getting out and about and meeting people and trying to get some exercise in (hard I know being a mum and working but it fixes the brain so they tell me!).

We are in Happy Valley if you ever want to meet up. I work during the week and my partner (we're not married) works every weekend, so I am always just by myself with the kids at the weekend. PM me if you're interested :)

416 times
      It must be a tough situation to be in, but there are hundreds of new people out there to meet and make friends with, so there's lots to look forward to.

There's a meet on here soon, the 28th August I believe, so pop along to that if you can. I arrive first weekend of September, and I'm more than happy to be anyones new friend :)
      jodiep likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jodiep View Post
      Has anyone else seperated since they emigrated? My ex partner and our daughter emigrated here nearly eightneen months ago and seperated earlier this year. Some days are good and I feel happy here and see a future but mostly I feel INCREDIBLY lonely. I have no family here and feel my daughter and our new puppy are the only things that get me through. I've met some nice people here but they are all married which only makes me feel worse. There's no sign of my family visiting any time soon and we don't speak very often. My Mum is always too busy even to send a quick email and I'm sick of sending one way messages!
      Can anyone else relate to this? If so how can I make things better as I really can't see a light at the end of the tunnel.
      where do you live?

4457 times
      I'm really sorry to read of your situation.
      It must be so hard for you.

You've taken a good first step coming onto the forum and talking to others.
      We might not be "real life" but I'm sure it helps a little to share.

The very best of luck Jodie,I'm sure things will come right for you.:):)
      jodiep likes this.

cornish Busdriver
      Hiya Jodiep.
      A friend of mine on here Scrappin' Julie has had a simular situation to you as here fella went off with some one else within 12 months of arriving.
      Perhaps get hold of her as might help to talk to someone who knows or relates to what you are or have gone through.
      If your down south and ever fancy a beer or 2 sometime just put a shout out as im sure there quiet a few on here that would be glad to have a beer and a chat.
      jodiep likes this.