travelling time to north Adelaide

Guest mandy.p

Guest mandy.p

Hi everyone,I am due to arrive on the 24th sep and will be working in calvary hospital North Adelaide,At the moment im looking at property to rent within approx 20/30mins from here,The eastern suburbs look good value,The western coastal area's look really nice and North Haven marina area looks great as well.If anyone can share info regarding schools,transport links etc,that would be great,Thanks

You've picked a really good cross section of places there, can't fault any of them.

Are you looking for primary or high schools? Will you be dependent on public transport? Do you prefer flat coast or hilly trees? Edge of town or more central? Do your kids have any particular interests/excel in any particular area? (some schools have special programmes - languages, sports, music, performing arts, science etc) Do you have any preferences for mixed/sigle-sex/private/state schooling?

Hope that's given you a few (more!) things to think about (sorry!) - shout out and I'm sure everyone on here will do their best to answer questions along the way...

Guest mandy.p

Hi thanks for the info the kids are 14 year old twin girls and 10 year old boy Im looking at state school .One daughter likes sport the other one drama and beauty my son also enjoys drama and music.I need schools within a close vicinity to home wherever home is gona be. I would of liked to secure a rental before I get there is that possible?:wacko:

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Chegababy

Eastern suburbs is probably yer best bet,,Marryatville high is famous for it's music,it's on Kensington Rd,buses run frequently past it.I'm in the eastern end, been here for over 10 years now,lots of shopping places,,I take it you're a nurse?,,,come on over,,,Chegababy

• 2 weeks later...
Guest londongirl

Hi Mandy P and welcome to Adelaide. I arrived here two weeks ago and am staying in temp accom right on same street as Calvary Hosp in North Adelaide with my teenage daughter. I got the temp accom in advance from the internet using stayz.com (holiday apartments). Bus links from city to the hosp are good. All bus routes seem to go to the city, like spokes of a wheel.

Marryatville High School has good rep - I am thinking of moving to its zone. Good luck and message me if you'd like to meet up for coffee!

Hi Mandy.

Marryatville high has probably the best reputation for a public school in the city!

Tiny catchment area though!! Be very certain of being in the zone, and be sure to put up a struggle for entry!!competition is fierce.

Marryatville primary is a feeder, but no garauntee there either, i would say the primary is an excellent place, my daughter loves it.

Rentals can be expensive in the east, e.g $550 pw for a 4 bed, but you do get good access to the city, shops etc..

Good luck with the move!!

Jane