G'Day Everyone

Guest JamesP

My name's James, i'm 27(next week :D ) and i'm currently living in Lincolnshire, England. I was recently discharged from the Army, so i'm looking to go to South Australia on a working holiday.

I have relatives who live in Wollongong, NSW, and i absolutely fell in love with the country when me and my family went over in 1994.

I am hoping to make the move a permanent one, and i am looking to start my working holiday in Adelaide. From there, i am hoping to secure long term work, probably going through the state or employer sponsored visas. I am a qualified I.T tech, but i also have skills and experience in driving FLTs, Telehandler and Shovel equipment.

I shall be popping onto the forum regularly, as i am doing a lot of research whilst i save up enough money for my flight over etc, so any help and advice would be greatly appreciated.

Here's to getting to find outwhat you guys and girls, and Adelaide, is all about!

James :D

Hi there James, and welcome to the forum,

Sounds ;ike you hsve some big plans afoot....this place is great fpr info/help and advice just ask and ask away.....early morning here right now so alot of people still tucked away in bed.

But i am sure that once they awake they will be along to say hi and welcome you to the forum.

HG

Thanks people. Just had a quick chat with my Cousin. She lives in Sydney now. Been invited to stay with her a while, and see my Uncle and Auntie in Wollongong. It's going to be quite a wait to get over there, but it'll be worth it.

Looking primarily at working in Adelaide for 6 months, travel for 3, then work again, all the while looking into Employer and State sponsorship.

Guest ozzyotter

Hi James,

Welcome to the forum.

We are from Lincoln, we moved over here last year and boy has time gone quick.

I was just reading something the other day about how Adelaide is the place to be, with house prices still reasonable and a great environment for all.

One of the departments that helped us was the skills regonition department in Adelaide centre, they are full of useful info.

Wishing you all the best with your plans.

Take care

Lynn

My name's James, i'm 27(next week :D ) and i'm currently living in Lincolnshire, England. I was recently discharged from the Army, so i'm looking to go to South Australia on a working holiday.

I have relatives who live in Wollongong, NSW, and i absolutely fell in love with the country when me and my family went over in 1994.

I am hoping to make the move a permanent one, and i am looking to start my working holiday in Adelaide. From there, i am hoping to secure long term work, probably going through the state or employer sponsored visas. I am a qualified I.T tech, but i also have skills and experience in driving FLTs, Telehandler and Shovel equipment.

I shall be popping onto the forum regularly, as i am doing a lot of research whilst i save up enough money for my flight over etc, so any help and advice would be greatly appreciated.

Here's to getting to find outwhat you guys and girls, and Adelaide, is all about!

James :D

Thanks again people. Ozzyotter, Trakki, nice to see some ex-lincs people. How did you find your experiences moving out there? what visa's did you go out on?

Not from Lincs, but we love it out here we didnt come here to get rich, but uf you put a price in lifestyle then i belive i am a millionaire compared to back in the UK.

I am a time served toolmaker and came out here on a 136 Skilled Modl VISA which is now a 176 i think.

I have had more jobs out here than back on the top side....everything from Roadie, to rep to DJ to working in Bunnings....if you want it then you can get it out here thats our belief anyhow...

We have had ups and downs and some bloody massive downs....make friends fast and establish your close circle as quick as you can...

Anything else giz a shout....

HG