Football (soccer) teams for teenagers in Adelaide

Guest The Cartwright Family

Hi

We are the Cartwrights. We are hoping to move to Adelaide later this year.

My 13 year son says he doesn't want to come!! He is devoted to playing football (he is involved with Charlton FC over in the UK) and doesn't think he will get the chance to play football at the same level as over here. Can anyone tell me if there are any football clubs for kids in Adelaide and if so how good they are?

Thanks

Julia

Guest Bex & Nick

Hi

We're not in Adelaide yet so can't give specific feedback, although I'm sure there are plenty of people with kids that can answer!

If it helps, my OH wanted to know about playing footie in Oz (senior level rather than juniors) and there are a couple of websites that may be of help:

http://www.footballaustralia.com.au

http://www.ffsa.com.au

Also, if you go to http://www.yellowpages.com.au you can get a list of soccer clubs in Adelaide.

Bex

Guest dglamoore

Hi Julia

welcome to the site :lol:

You could always get your son to get chatting in the kids forum on here too - might put his mind at rest chatting to others his age as well :D

Lisa

Hi and welcome Julia,

Lisa (splmchandler) might be able to help you with this, she and her family arrived in Adelaide about a month ago and when I spoke to her on the phone I'm sure she said her son played English football and had found somewhere locally for him to continue.

I think she's busy moving into a house they just bought right now and as soon as they're settled and back online she'll answer you.

Hi everyone,

A big thank you for all your advice - the websites are particularly helpful and will put Chris' (my 13 year old) mind at rest a bit!!

I'm working on him getting on line to speak to the other kids - he is being difficult at the mo - everythings negative.

I'll contact Lisa too to see if her son can help. Fingers crossed.

Thanks again everyone I appreciate your help.

Julia

Hi I have also got a 13 year old son called Oliver who is mad on football, he plays on a Sunday, is in the school team and they have just got through to national heats. He is also very anti OZ and won't even talk about it at the moment.

13 is a difficult age and he is worried like your son he won't be able to play his football and will miss his friends etc etc.

WE are looking at going to Adelaide (all being well) January next year. When are you planning on going?

Jan Midwife age 44

Shane Loss adjuster aged 45

OLiver aged 13

Gabriella aged 9

Skills assessment done

Visa application will be sent hopefuly by end of next week.

Hi

We are the Cartwrights. We are hoping to move to Adelaide later this year.

My 13 year son says he doesn't want to come!! He is devoted to playing football (he is involved with Charlton FC over in the UK) and doesn't think he will get the chance to play football at the same level as over here. Can anyone tell me if there are any football clubs for kids in Adelaide and if so how good they are?

Thanks

Julia

Depends whereabouts you end up in Adelaide, but there are hundreds of soccer clubs here. My son plays at Tea Tree Gully Soccer club which has been great. My daughter plays for Adelaide City which has both male and female teams. Also, watching 'professional' football (Adelaide United is the local team - final against Melbourne this weekend) is very accessible with Hindmarsh Stadium - we watched the Matildas (female equivalent of the Socceroos) play in several Asian Cup matches for only a few dollars entry last year. Tell your son also that quite often scouts from the UK clubs come out for visits and check out players in local clubs (personally I reckon the scouts are just after an excuse for a free working holiday in the sun, but hey!)

Apparently registration in soccer clubs here is up 70% on last year, so it's a growing sport with plenty of opportunity for the talented..

D

Guest jen&ian

Hi Cartwrights,

We are on here too, there's no getting away from us :D .Can I just check that you got our PM on the yellow pages, we were'nt sure if it sent properly and we dont want you thinking we couldn't be mithered to answer.

Jen & Ian

Hi Diane

Thanks for your reply. I'm sure my son will be very interested to know about the teams and the scouts from the UK.

Thanks very much,

Julia