Pathetic!!

Guest graandjac

Guest graandjac

Hi everyone - needed to express......the last couple of days have been really weird. Gra and I were clearing out Holly's room and there was so much I couldn't let go of (I'm very sentimental!!) Gra is very black or white, whereas I'm very grey. It kinda put it into perspective what we were actually doing!! I know it's a year away and for the best for us all but I don't mind admitting - I'm chuffing weepy!!

Hope you are all ok. Any advice?!!

Jac x

Its normal ! I just can't bring myself to do it with the boys around as it just turns into an argument. My OH Ash would charity EVERYTHING but I am very sentimental :oops: I have 2 crates full of school papers, art, cards from both the boys & given Bradley is now 10 I must have at least 5 years worth plus Thomas's year as hes 6 :) god help me when I have to start de-cluttering for REAL :wink:

Good luck

Angela

Guest dglamoore

It is hard and does not get easier - the further into the visa process you go the more real and more stressful it gets.

Just focus on why you want to move to OZ and think of the wonderful new adventure that waits for you at the end of all this :lol:

Lisa :D

Guest graandjac

You're so right Angela - I was going through stuff that the kids had done when they were 2!!! :( I know it'll get harder and I'll miss all my friends and my family but I also know deep down it'll be worth it in the long run. Thank you x

Guest Guest75

You will be going through a lot of memories and it is only natural to be a bit weepy.I'll admit I was the same when we were thinning down our stuff.

We did ship a 20ft container and brought some quite silly stuff but if it had a memory attached - it came!

It's normal ,don't worry. :-)

Guest donna T

Know just how you are feeling - I was doing a loft declutter today and just can't bring myself to throw anything. I came across so many photos of great times even time that that I remember to be less than perfect but had a good memory attached - can't throw any of it out - too sentimental. Russ has 1/2 a box of his bits and the rest is stuff that I have carted from home to home and it only ever comes out when moving - but there is no way it is being thrown out - sad bunch aren't we :D

Don't think it will get any better so I may as well just book a huge container and bite the bullet on the cost - it's all coming with me :)

Guest Guest75
Know just how you are feeling - I was doing a loft declutter today and just can't bring myself to throw anything. I came across so many photos of great times even time that that I remember to be less than perfect but had a good memory attached - can't throw any of it out - too sentimental. Russ has 1/2 a box of his bits and the rest is stuff that I have carted from home to home and it only ever comes out when moving - but there is no way it is being thrown out - sad bunch aren't we :D

Don't think it will get any better so I may as well just book a huge container and bite the bullet on the cost - it's all coming with me :)

6 years after arriving here we were still unpacking stuff we had brought across in a 20ft container.We recently had a garage sale and sold loads of it.

Glad we brought as much as we could for the "just in case" moments.

Guest Ian & Tanya

A tip for photo's etc, is get them scanned and put on to a couple of cd's. I mean we don't look at them all the time, and they weigh sooooo much.

Not so easy to do when there's a life full though.!!!

Just an idea.!! :D

Guest donna T
A tip for photo's etc, is get them scanned and put on to a couple of cd's. I mean we don't look at them all the time, and they weigh sooooo much.

Not so easy to do when there's a life full though.!!!

Just an idea.!! :D

Such a great idea - I just wouldn't know where o start, I have about 7 boxes just for photos - even ones of old boyfriends and stuff but an't bear to get rid of them (much to my husbands amusement :D )

We had our quote today for shipping and we have about 200 cubit feet too much for a 20 footer - guess I have to be a bit more ruthless :(

Guest dglamoore

Hi Donna

You sound like me - have loads of photo albums going plus more on cd's and also over our container quota. Will be going around having another sort out!!!

Lisa :lol:

I know exactly what everyone means now!! we have moved 4 times in 3 years and each time I have had the final Australia move in mind and tried to chuck out so much stuff, but today we had a final removal quotes (Ill post them under the removal section if anyones interested) but we still have 1600-1800cuft which is well over 20ft :o:o but I just cant seem to get it down any more. I think it is worth it just so that you feel a bit more at home when you get there after all everything else will be new to us all so at least we'll have our memories and "Stuff" with us It will so be worth it :D:D

Have you remembered to remove the sledge, thick coats, thermal undies, 15 tog quilt, etc........

me thinks ya won't be needing that lot.!!!! :lol: :lol:

Umm, you might be glad of the quilt (they call 'em doonas here for some reason!) in the winter here - and we've been camping at Easter time when thermal undies would have been REAL welcome!

Hard to believe at the moment I know with 40 degs+ forecast for the weekend, but it does get quite chilly in the winter here, and with tiled floors and no central heating - brrrrr!!

D