hello everyone!

Guest Rich&Jo

Hello everyone!

We've been here in Adelaide for about 7 weeks now, and as things are finally settling down i thought i'd pop a note on here to say hi!

We arrived in August, are moving to highbury next month and are really keen to start meeting some new friends in the area.

We're really enjoying living over here, my only complaint is that preschool starting a year later has sent my 3 3/4 yr old into a boredom frenzy, which is driving me crackers!

It's been a busy few weeks, but we've got the house sorted and the kids classes sorted, but in order to preserve my sanity i really need to get something sorted out for me now! i'd really like to find a good exercise class in the highbury area (with a very good creche) if anyone can recommend any, or a nice social group for mums and kids...? In fact any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Look forward to hearing from you.

Jo :wacko:

Drop in to Turra Murra when you get here and ask about exercise classes. I know they have a creche there as when I used to play basketball there some of the other mums put their kids into it. There were zumba classes there - think there may still be.

Give us a shout when you get here, great choice of suburb!

Diane

I found that too, Jo. My poor Jacob was stir-crazy for months when we came here, but I did manage to get him into a child care centre for a couple of sessions a week and that helped. I'm in Golden Grove, so not too far away. Give me a shout if you fancy meeting for coffee.;)

Hi Messua, I was rather hoping to have got my son into occasional care, but the kindy he starts next term said he's not entitled as he's pre entry age, so he's only allowed 2hrs a week from mid october! Is that really right? Anyway, will give you a shout when we get to Highbury, would be nice to meet for a coffee.

Sadly, in the public sector this is absolutely right! Outrageousl isn't it! We paid or a private CCC for a while and then found out that because I was disabled I had been entitled to have Jacob start when we arrived! I was heart-broken because it held him back a year, which he never made up. Things change though so I would research carefully. Go to the source... (the Education department) and ask direct questions. In fact do this with every department (especially Centrelink).