• Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Scared new family alert!

Highbury, SA
      4221 times
      Quote Originally Posted by Murphy642 View Post
      I looked at a number of flight options and the options are basically Kuala Lumpur, Hong Kong or Singapore. We went for Singapore for price, direct flights and we have never been there before. We flew with Qantas in Aug and they were brilliant and we have booked with them again.

HOWEVER Air Asia have a sale at the moment. Stansted-KL-Mel-Adelaide, bit of a pain to change that 1 time extra but 800 less than what we are paying. I suppose is timing or money an issue? I wish we had booked that and saved 800, never mind.
      For what it's worth I think you've made the right decision to come via Singapore - it's a great airport, and even if you only have five or six hours there between connections, you can go have a swim in the rooftop pool, have a shower - it's really just what you need after the first half of the trip to relax and refresh you before the last leg.

Air Asia too charge extra for everything - meals, entertainment, drinks (even water I've heard!) plus extra for checkin luggage. All your meals and drinks you have to pre-order as well, so particularly travelling with kids, it could easily turn out to be a false economy!
      Murphy642 likes this.
      Sometimes the grass will appear greener on the other side because it has been fertilised by bull****

Old Reynella
      420 times
      We flew out with 4 children aged between 14 months and 7. Singapore airlines were fantastic except they think that babies bottles should be served as hot as coffee. We had a 9 hour stop over and used the pool too. Make sure you book a transit hotel room. This will give you somewhere to dump your bags, have free use of the pool and give you somewhere to grab a few ZZZzzzs or freshen up in a shower. There is plenty to do in the airport itself and the time will fly by.
      As for managing the children on the long trip..... it went far better than we ever imagined it could.
      Good luck (though you won't need it;))

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12