Newbies

Guest craignicjosh

Guest craignicjosh

Good afternoon all!

We are the Towers Family (Craig & Nichola & Joshua (6)) from West Yorkshire.

We had our first consultation with a migration agent yesterday who informed us that we would be eligible to migrate to Australia under the Skilled Regional Sponsor Visa (475). I'm an IT Support Technician with 8 years experiance and was wondering if there was any one out there in the UK or in Adelaide that was in a similar situation that could offer any advice on the early stages of applying

The cost of it all frightened us a little bit but we're still keen on going through with it.

Is it worth it???

Thanks

PS Joshua would like to know if he could make friends easy?

Guest jen&ian

Hi guys,

Welcome to the forum. We are leaving for Adelaide on Wednesday. My husband is also in IT as are a few other members, from what I remember of looking on job sites there was a fair ammount of support work about. I would recommend having a look at a few if you haven't already! I have a 6 year old little boy too, who is also anxious about making friends, I think we'll be going to anything where he'll be able to mix with kids his age and help get him settled in school. Good luck with everything.

Jen:)

Hiya,

My husband is in IT and was able to find work easily when we went back to Adelaide for a few months (now in NZ and going back to Adelaide permanently shortly). I lived in West Yorkshire (Leeds) for about a year also. Australians in general are fairly friendly, so I think your son should have no troubles making friends:)

Suzer

Hi CNJ,

Welcome to PIA. We also have a 6 year old among our tribe. So Joshua isn't on his own. ;)

Is the cost worth it?

Can you put a price on giving your family the chance of a better life. Sunny Adelaide or damp Bradford? Hmmmmmmm I know where I'd rather be.;):biglaugh::biglaugh:

Pete

Hello Towers Family,

welcome to PIA, don't know a great deal about IT except for opening the window quickly to throw the damn computer out of it, when I can't get it to do what I want! (it's just as well it doesn't have ears, I don't think it would do anything for me at all if it knew what I called it!):goofy:

We have kids as well, 9 and 5 years, the kids forum on this is a good starting point, to get them to talk to others going through the same as them, just like us big people!

I'm sure all of the kids that are going over will be better at settling in than the adults.

Good Luck.

Guest craignicjosh

Hello

Many thanks for your replies and thoughts, can I ask what your thoughts are on Migration Agents? Do they all cost about the same and offer the same services?

Is anyone out there that has done it themselves, how hard/easy was it?:confused:

Thanks

craignicjosh

Hello

Many thanks for your replies and thoughts, can I ask what your thoughts are on Migration Agents? Do they all cost about the same and offer the same services?

Is anyone out there that has done it themselves, how hard/easy was it?:confused:

Thanks

craignicjosh

Hi,

I have not used an agent, ive not got a visa yet, but so far the most time consuming part has been TRA (trade recogniton) for me this envolved getting my entire work history together as well as refereces and giving detailed desciption of all training and duties ive ever had, most of this you will do yourself even if you do have an agent but it may be worth using one for your skills assessment for a little peace of mind and advise, while your doing this if you use this site for info and advice on state sponsorship if needed and the visa application itself you may find you dont want to pay for help for these parts of the process as they may take time but are quite straight forward for most people.

I believe most agents allow you to pay in stages so using them for just trade recogniton should be ok, but im sure those who have used agents will give you lots more info.:)

Simon