Destination Adelaide?

2scoops

hi,

I'm 25 and i may be moving to adelaide by myself.

I've had a couple of interviews with a company over there. As long as there are no problems with migration, they will offer me a job. I'm pretty nervous about it because i won't know anyone for, like, 20000 miles!, but I'm excited about beaches and blue skies.

I've got loads of questions that I hope can someone can help me with but I'll spread them out over the forum boards!

cheers,

2scoops.

hello and welcome :cute:

deffinitly! i guess we all are nervous at one point (or other :wacko:) - but i for once am more excited!!!!

although we have still a long way to go...

so what is it you do? have you done your tra yet?

8_4_61.gif

Well if you don't know anyone you've joined the right place to get to know people!

By the time you come here, I guarentee you'll have a few barbie invites in your diary!

Good luck and keep posting!

Judi x

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb096&pp=ZNxuk137YYGB

hi,

I'm 25 and i may be moving to adelaide by myself.

I've had a couple of interviews with a company over there. As long as there are no problems with migration, they will offer me a job. I'm pretty nervous about it because i won't know anyone for, like, 20000 miles!, but I'm excited about beaches and blue skies.

I've got loads of questions that I hope can someone can help me with but I'll spread them out over the forum boards!

cheers,

2scoops.

Hi 2scoops,

welcome! im sure you will find this site very helpful, everyone seems to be keen to help each other out a lot, and be supportive:)

I am also planning to move to adelaide alone, hopefully around may time. i have friends in australia, but noone in adelaide so will be pretty much starting from scratch, though hoping to meet up with at least a couple of folks from here, either before or after i go.

feel free to message me if you like. if youre based anywhere near london there are 3 of us (so far) from this site who are going alone, and are hoping to meet up between now and december. youd be welcome to join us! either way good luck with it all. what sort of work are you in?

steph

hey,

Thanks alot for the welcome.

In reply to the questions, I havn't done my "tra" yet, nor do i know what it is! and my work is in marine engineering.

I live down in Plymouth but may be up for a meet somewhere sometime.

Adelaide sounds cool and the more I read about it, the better it sounds, but I'd like to know why those of you who have no connections or work there choose this city over any other.

Hi 2scoops,

welcome! im sure you will find this site very helpful, everyone seems to be keen to help each other out a lot, and be supportive:)

I am also planning to move to adelaide alone, hopefully around may time. i have friends in australia, but noone in adelaide so will be pretty much starting from scratch, though hoping to meet up with at least a couple of folks from here, either before or after i go.

feel free to message me if you like. if youre based anywhere near london there are 3 of us (so far) from this site who are going alone, and are hoping to meet up between now and december. youd be welcome to join us! either way good luck with it all. what sort of work are you in?

steph

when are all of you planning to arrive in adelaide and what are your ages...just curious? it would be nice to meet some single peeps when i get there too, as most of hubs friends are couples with kids.

suzer

when are all of you planning to arrive in adelaide and what are your ages...just curious? it would be nice to meet some single peeps when i get there too, as most of hubs friends are couples with kids.

suzer

hiya suzer,

im 27, i think the other two are around the same age, though i forget exact ages! a meet up in adelaide sounds good- the more people you can know ahead of time the better i think!

when are you heading over? feel free to PM me... :v_SPIN:

steph

Hi am also heading off to Adelaide by myself. I had begun to think I was the only one not moving as part of an extended family group so at least you have set my mind at rest.

hello 2scoops, not sure if your male or female but hey no worrries as they say (a lot) here!! Well done on making the move, you'll have a blast I'm sure I have just been contacted by some friends who want to move here but might have left it too late as he is 45 in two weeks. So your making the right move to do it while you are still young!!

Not sure how we can help but if you have any questions please feel free to write to me. My son is 21 and might be able to show you around when you arrive.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Libby1971

Welcome to Adelaide -or almost.

To answer an earlier question, we have no contacts in Aus apart from those built up by ourselves.

We came to Adelaide because we liked the climate, and for health reasons it had to be a dry, not humid. We also looked at house prices and didn't want to be too far out so we could have plenty of schools to choose from (we're both teachers) but there had to be enough going on so our children could do things (one is 14, one 11 so we are thinking ahead).

Libby

ASC are based in Port Adelaide, aren't they? Well I know they have a big shed thing there!

Guest Rob and Clare

Hey 2Scoops,

One of my mates works at ASC, are you going to ASC or AWD, essentially the same company but one half works with Subs and the other with the new Warships.

Your welcome to come out for a night on the beer with us in the city when you arrive.

It's not plymouth but it's still a great night out.

Cheers

Rob