We Have Arrived!!

Guest sarah_clancy

Guest sarah_clancy

We landed on Friday and are still recovering from the jeg lag

... especially after and 8hour wait in singapore airport!!

We are just trying to get everything together, like driving licences and work licences!

It looks like we brought the english weather with us!!!

Hope your all well...:cute:

ohhhh how exciting!!!

how was the flight?? where will you stay for now??

how was singapore???

you think you get away that easily :jiggy:

good luck and fingers crossed you'll have an easy settling in time!

Guest sarah_clancy

flight wasnt thats bad...it flew by literally...

our tvs didnt work in the first 12hrs :@ not happy!!

singapore was lovely...free internet..and free massagin chairs!

we are in underdale staying with my uncle until we find a place... and the exchange rate is better lol!

when do u hope 2 b over by?

Guest deb and stoo

Hi Sarah & Co

Welcome to not so sunny Adelaide, its good you've brought the weather as rain is in rather short supply apparently, I'm helping by turning the tap off when teeth brushing;)

and they're in the process of fitting a rainwater tank.

If you're up for a girls night out this Friday Donna has organised one at the Hallett Cove Tavern, maybe a chance to catch up with some of the regulars on here and have a glass or seven of half price champers:arghh:

Guest sarah_clancy

Thanks for your replies!

Yeah i wont let them take my licence...it proves im a pom :o)

Deb&Stoo..... have you settled in ok?...how have the kids found it?!

Sarah,

Suzer is right, they can not take your UK drivers licence off you but you MUST have a valid UK address on your licence, one that DVLA (or whatever name they go under now) can contact you via, we have my mum's UK address on our's.

Guest donna T

Welcome to Adelaide.

Hope you get over the jet lag soon and settle in quickly,

It would be lovely to see you on Friday night if you feel up to it.

Best of luck

Donna x

Guest sarahsmartiepants

welcome to Adelaide Sarah, I see you are a hairdresser, will you be looking for a salon to work in or for your self?

Do you know the suppliers here?

Any help you might need send me a PM

sarah

hi sarah,

a meetup already :cute:

shame about the non working tv but hey, you are in oz now - no time for that:jiggy:

oh my, we won't be over before next summer ... or i might even wait till after your winter :nah: - unless we'll get our visa much earlier than we might just come straight away :goofy:

hope the jetlag is not too bad

Guest deb and stoo

Hi Sarah & Co

Glad you're settling in and doesn't look like the weather you've bought with you is going away, so thats good, waters my lawn :D

Yes we are starting to settle in ok, especially now the kids are at school and we have our own place, well a nice rental in HC, so all I need to do now is find a job to pay for it all:notworthy:.

Hope to meet up with you guys soon, if not Friday then at one of the many meets organised by the gang, we have our furniture comming Friday so Deb will be more than pleased to get out of the house away from the mess and leave me and the boys to get on with it.:confused:

Sarah,

Suzer is right, they can not take your UK drivers licence off you but you MUST have a valid UK address on your licence, one that DVLA (or whatever name they go under now) can contact you via, we have my mum's UK address on our's.

really? (sorry don't mean to hijack the thread) mine is my mom's as well, but when i read that you must give over your DL, i emailed to ask, and in truly australian fashion, got a reply saying something to the effect of: "if you still need it back home just say so, and we'll let you keep it."