Jobs

Guest markrob

Guest markrob

Hi,

Im moving to Adelaide from the UK in the New Year to live. My background is aircraft manufacture/maintenance etc. However, I cant seem to get a job because my security clearance is not sufficient and for me to be cleared to match the required levels of security without being sponsored I would have to be an Australian Citizen. Has anyone else come across this hurdle and if so do thay have any advice on how to get round it?

Cheers,

Mark.

Hi,

Im moving to Adelaide from the UK in the New Year to live. My background is aircraft manufacture/maintenance etc. However, I cant seem to get a job because my security clearance is not sufficient and for me to be cleared to match the required levels of security without being sponsored I would have to be an Australian Citizen. Has anyone else come across this hurdle and if so do thay have any advice on how to get round it?

Cheers,

Mark.

Hello Mark,

I had this very problem myself. My background is defence aviation and basically working for any of the usual suspects, Australian Aerospace, Tenix, BAE Sysytems Australia is out of the question because of the security clearance issue.

I heard about one guy, a pilot as it happens, who went to work for one of the big players and has been on the ground for almost a year because he cannot get security cleared.

I got round the problem by going for Commercial Aviation companies. I was very lucky and got offered a fantastic position with a company based at the airport.

My advice to you is just to send your CV in to as many companies as you can find and keep looking on seek.com.au or careerone.com.au

Feel free to PM me for further advice.

Paul.

Guest markrob

Thanks Paul, I appreciate your advice.

Hello Mark,

I had this very problem myself. My background is defence aviation and basically working for any of the usual suspects, Australian Aerospace, Tenix, BAE Sysytems Australia is out of the question because of the security clearance issue.

I heard about one guy, a pilot as it happens, who went to work for one of the big players and has been on the ground for almost a year because he cannot get security cleared.

I got round the problem by going for Commercial Aviation companies. I was very lucky and got offered a fantastic position with a company based at the airport.

My advice to you is just to send your CV in to as many companies as you can find and keep looking on seek.com.au or careerone.com.au

Feel free to PM me for further advice.

Paul.

Guest Russfamily

Isnt it annoying that you go through the process of emmigrating and think you can get a job only to come up against the local body that governs your trade/ profession and find more hurdles in your way.

Guest markrob

Yes, did you come up against it too?

Isnt it annoying that you go through the process of emmigrating and think you can get a job only to come up against the local body that governs your trade/ profession and find more hurdles in your way.

Guest sarahsmartiepants

Yes I have met a couple of guys in your situation, one is now a lift engineer the other works in his field, but with a company that didnt need clearance, not quite the same as he wanted but almost. He was very persistant in getting a job but it took him quite a few months. Unless you are lucky and find a company like th second guy or lie about your visa then there will be nothing else you can do.

sarah

Guest Russfamily

yes i had to sit more exams and do a log book for 6 months before they would give me my electrical license whilst being supervised, how many employers want to supervise there employees, so it leaves u in limbo no job no log book filled in no license granted, no license no job im sure you know what mean by now.

Guest dglamoore
hi,

could you become an australian citizen?

You have to have lived in Australia for 4 years before you can become a citizen in normal circumstances.

Lisa:v_SPIN:

Guest dglamoore

I think the only way around this is if you transfer through the forces which grants you immediate citizenship but I am sure someone will let you know if there is another way

Lisa:v_SPIN: