HI

Guest lynne

Hi from us.

Let me introduce myself my name is Lyn and my husband is called David. We have 2 sons aged 18 years (who does not mind going) and 10 years who objects to going to Aus. Grandad (Davids father is 82 years) will also be emergrating with us.

It appears there are lots of people who want to leave England.

I am not good at using the forums but will try and use it occasionly.

We have applied for a skilled visa as I work as a nurse. We have completed the process by ourselves (Didn't see the point in paying an agent when we had to provide the majority of the information). First two parts were straight forward. Third part takes for ever due to the slow delay in processing the applications. We are currently waiting to be allocated a case office. Police check forms are waiting to be filled in and it will be a case of completing medicals.

We are planning to go to Adelaide in July 2008. So it appears its a case of waiting for a case officer to be allocated.

Hope everyone is successful with there visas.

Take care

Lynne & family

Hi Lyn,

Welcome to PIA and good luck with the visa application. Tracey is a nurse and like you we haven't used an agent. ;)

What part of Adelaide are you looking at going to and where abouts are you planning on working???

Pete

Hi Lyn,

Welcome to PIA and good luck with the visa application. Tracey is a nurse and like you we haven't used an agent. ;)

What part of Adelaide are you looking at going to and where abouts are you planning on working???

Pete

Hi Peter,

I don,t know which part of Adelaide we are going to. Will get there and have a holiday for a month. Will look at the different area and find schools etc. Once we are settled I will sort out a job. I currently work as a diabetes nurse but can not find any such jobs over there. Also I would not mind working as a practice nurse but I believe there practice nurses are many years behind ours. However, saying that I know the Aus goverment is eager to get them trained to the same standard as British practice nurses. Plus the pay is poor complaired to hospital nursing.

I think the priority it to find a place to live, than find work local to where you live.

Do you know which part you are going to? It appears Adelaide is very large.

What type of nursing does Tracey do?

Take care

Lynne

Guest louiesmum

Hi Lyn & family

Welcome! I am a nurse also & currently work in the community, hoping to work in similar type nursing when we arrive in Adelaide. We are just waiting to hear about our visa!

Good luck

Guest addison

Hi Lynne & welcome.

We have not yet started our application but are looking to commence the whole scary process after xmas - probably without an agent also!!!

We are trying to convince Adams mum that she should come with us - do you just add them to the application or do they have to apply seperately?

Do you know which part you are going to? It appears Adelaide is very large.

We are looking at the hallett Cove area at the mo but things could change once there. You can't really tell from her in the UK where would suit us best.

What type of nursing does Tracey do?
Tracey is a paediatric nurse and is hoping to work at Flinders Hospital though she isn't ruling out the Women's and Childrens one.

Pete

We are trying to convince Adams mum that she should come with us - do you just add them to the application or do they have to apply seperately?

My mum would love to come but as she is not dependent on us she can't. We are going on a 175 PR visa and once we have been there two years can sponser her to come over. So unless his mum has a skill that they want or is dependent on you then she cannot go with you. If she is totally dependent, ie lives with you, you pay for her stc then you add her to your visa.

Hope that helps

Tracey

• 1 year later...

Hi Tracey

I too am a paed nurse, cant seem to find any vacancies for any needed in the Adelaide area :-(

How have you settled in?

Am I right in thinking i need to register with ANMC first and then can apply for my 175 visa? Did you do all paperwork yourself?

Sorry for all questions, but qppreciate any info you can give us.

Sheila.