UK migrants who have started their own business in Adelaide

Guest allertonj

Guest allertonj

Just wondering if any UK migrants have started a new business in Adelaide over the past couple of years. I have been asked by a UK tv show to find some adelaide people to put forward for the show. There is no money in it for you or me just want to help out the UK producer. Please reply to this if you have a fun business that could be shown on tv and that maybe you may not have done or had the opportunity in the UK?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Jamie&Carrie

Hey there,

I arrived here with the missus from England in Dec 08 and have just started up my own business, which I think you'll find is FUN!

It's an outdoor fitness solutions outfit called 'TriDynamic Fitness'.

I run this with my business partner (who is Australian) and would be happy to contribute.

If you wanna check out my website for more info, here it is!

www.tridynamicfitness.com

Hit me up with an email if I can help in any way.

Cheers

Jamie

What a fantastic idea.

I bet you get everything you need right here on Poms In Adelaide without going to any other forum.

I look forward to reading who the OP chooses, when the progmame air's and on what channel.

I hope it's a whole load of businesses started by people on Poms in Adelaide, what a fantastic boost for the forum from the makers.

We started Taste the Barossa 8 months ago. We moved down from Nottingham 10 months ago.

Taste the Barossa is a day tour company doing tours from Adelaide to the Barossa Valley 7 days a week.

Although James, Georgia and myself are English Dallas (who drives the tours) is Australian so we might be cheating a little.

Our web site is www.winetoursbarossa.com if that helps.

Nikki

We started Taste the Barossa 8 months ago. We moved down from Nottingham 10 months ago.

Taste the Barossa is a day tour company doing tours from Adelaide to the Barossa Valley 7 days a week.

Although James, Georgia and myself are English Dallas (who drives the tours) is Australian so we might be cheating a little.

Our web site is www.winetoursbarossa.com if that helps.

Nikki

Wow, that sounds brilliant Nikki,

What did you do over in the UK, did you go over on a business visa or start fresh?

Guest WhatNow?

We probably don't qualify as we have been going a few years (since 2003). We offer a pre-departure advice and guidance service, a personal meet and greet when they arrive in Adelaide and then help them to find accommodation and get their bank accounts, Medicare, TFN, driving licences, schools etc sorted and generally hold their hands through those first few weeks. All info on our website www.h2h.com.au. I have also just published a short humorous book based on our and our clients' experiences of migrating from the UK to Australia, with contributions from several folk on this forum.

We probably don't qualify as we have been going a few years (since 2003). We offer a pre-departure advice and guidance service, a personal meet and greet when they arrive in Adelaide and then help them to find accommodation and get their bank accounts, Medicare, TFN, driving licences, schools etc sorted and generally hold their hands through those first few weeks. All info on our website www.h2h.com.au. I have also just published a short humorous book based on our and our clients' experiences of migrating from the UK to Australia, with contributions from several folk on this forum.

You shouldn't really be deciding if you qualify or not, you have to be in it to win it so put your business forward:)

Wow, that sounds brilliant Nikki,

What did you do over in the UK, did you go over on a business visa or start fresh?

I am here on a spouse visa as my husband is Australian. He spent 6 years in Nottingham so I thought I should give Australia a go!

All good so far!

Nikki

Guest WhatNow?
You shouldn't really be deciding if you qualify or not, you have to be in it to win it so put your business forward:)

The OP asked for folk who had started a business in the last two years so I assumed we'd been around too long...

Guest allertonj

Hey thanks everyone, I have forward your details to the producers, but I haven't heard anything. If you hear please let me know.

Good luck with all your businesses and if you need help please to to your nearest Business Enterprise Centre who can help you with navigating the business arena in Australia.