• Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Saying hello

Hallett Cove
      27 times
      Hi Jane, Andi & Kids, welcome to the site 8)

I KNOW who you are now, the lady that loves horses :) its a really small world!
      We must meet up, I have 2 boys aged 10 & 6, they would get on very well with your children.

Congratulations on your recent qualification, I am sure you will have no probs with hairdressing.

Ashley is the main applicant, painter & decorater, SIR495 temp for 3 yrs but hoping to re-apply after 2 yrs for PR - fingers crossed!

PM me if you fancy meeting (same for RobandMags)

Good luck
      Angela (43), Ashley (45), Bradley (17), Thomas (13) & Max our Spoodle (6) Visa Process 23/10/06 - granted 27/04/07. Now permanent residents as of Sept 09.
      Arrived 6th Sept 07 Living in Onkaparinga Hills. Building a new home 2014 Hallett Cove with Rivergum 2 Story & views back / front :D
      AGS Painting & Decorating PM me or email agspainting@adam.com.au

Hi Jane & Andi, Angela & Ashley

great to hear that people so close are heading out to the same place. We live in Toton and have just received our go-ahead for getting our medicals and police checks done. We are going out on subclass 136 under Rob's skills as a mechanic (although he prefers not to work as one when we get over there). Our children are Alex (6) and Lewis (2). Reality has now hit home how soon we will be making the big move and it's scaring the hell out of us! We would love to meet up and hopefully exchange any much needed info. We're stuck at the moment as to what to take with us. Do you know where on the net we can find a list of what you can and can't take? Or can anybody advise as to what is best to take or leave behind?

Hi RobandMags

There are details on the AQIS site of things you cannot take into Australia - http://www.affa.gov.au/content/outpu...00060B0AA00014

Shippers can also tell you if you have any round for quotes about any items that may be disallowed or dodgy to take.

We had a huge collection of spices we have to leave and drinking our way through the alcohol we have as duty is too high (well thats my excuse :roll: ) :lol:

Lisa :D

Onkaparinga Hills
      61 times
      Hi and welcome to the site!

Lea :D

Saying hello

Hi Lisa
      Thanks for the info. So much to look into our heads are spinning. We've got PSS coming in a couple of weeks to give us an estimate!
      Alcohol is never in the house long enough to worry about, apart from how much we drink! Not looking forward to throwing away all my spices and stock cupboard.

Rob and Mags

P.s thanks to everyone that has replied. So many kind people all in the same boat. Sorry if we haven't got round to replying to you all yet.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Copyright 2006 - 2015 Australia Migration Forums