Saying hello

Guest robandmags

Guest robandmags

Just wanted to introduce ourselves.

We are Maggie, Rob and our two children aged 6 and 3. Just waiting for the go-head for our police checks and medicals. Seems like forever. We are hoping to head out to Adelaide in the Summer. Is there anyone else out there from the Nottingham area who also has plans to emigrate to Adelaide in the near future?

Hi robandmags

We ARE from Nottingham - don't know how I missed this post :wink: anyway we live in Carlton, where abouts are you?

What visa are you applying for? We are awaiting the SIR494, my OH Ashley is the main applicant. Hoping to be out in Adelaide on or before Sept 07.

If you are local, perhaps we could meet up?

Angela

Hi robandmags

We ARE from Nottingham - don't know how I missed this post :wink: anyway we live in Carlton, where abouts are you?

What visa are you applying for? We are awaiting the SIR495, my OH Ashley is the main applicant. Hoping to be out in Adelaide on or before Sept 07.

If you are local, perhaps we could meet up?

Angela

Guest Jane.Mason

Hi We're the MASON'S from Long Eaton Nottingham. (Like the Ashtons we too took part in Wanted down Under)

GREAT PROGRAMME, GREAT EXPERIENCE, EDITING !!!!!!!

Hopefully we came across OK. We are hoping to go out to adelaide in April. We have applied for a 136 visa with Andi being the main visa applicant. I have just qualified as a hairdresser and will most probably be the one that works fulltime, as following the programme Andi has a part time job offer not suitable for 457 sponsorship though.

Jane

Guest dglamoore

Hi Jane

Welcome to the site!! We are in Devon at the moment but off to Adelaide in April too.

What did you think of Adelaide when you went out for the filming?

Lisa :D

Guest Jane.Mason

We really enjoyed Adelaide. Prior to the programme we had been looking at Brisbane. We feel that Adelaide would be a good starting point. We met some great people whilst filming that we are in constant contact with such as sound, research and the people with the horse and Vinyard. This will hopefully be the building block for our new life Down Under. We have already been invited back to stay with some of the peoplke we met and Andi has his Opal digging exhibition booked with Steve our sound guy.

Hi Jane, Andi & Kids, welcome to the site 8)

I KNOW who you are now, the lady that loves horses :) its a really small world!

We must meet up, I have 2 boys aged 10 & 6, they would get on very well with your children.

Congratulations on your recent qualification, I am sure you will have no probs with hairdressing.

Ashley is the main applicant, painter & decorater, SIR495 temp for 3 yrs but hoping to re-apply after 2 yrs for PR - fingers crossed!

PM me if you fancy meeting (same for RobandMags)

Good luck

Angela

Guest robandmags

Hi Jane & Andi, Angela & Ashley

great to hear that people so close are heading out to the same place. We live in Toton and have just received our go-ahead for getting our medicals and police checks done. We are going out on subclass 136 under Rob's skills as a mechanic (although he prefers not to work as one when we get over there). Our children are Alex (6) and Lewis (2). Reality has now hit home how soon we will be making the big move and it's scaring the hell out of us! We would love to meet up and hopefully exchange any much needed info. We're stuck at the moment as to what to take with us. Do you know where on the net we can find a list of what you can and can't take? Or can anybody advise as to what is best to take or leave behind?

Guest dglamoore

Hi RobandMags

There are details on the AQIS site of things you cannot take into Australia - http://www.affa.gov.au/content/output.cfm?ObjectID=3E48F86-AA1A-11A1-B6300060B0AA00014

Shippers can also tell you if you have any round for quotes about any items that may be disallowed or dodgy to take.

We had a huge collection of spices we have to leave and drinking our way through the alcohol we have as duty is too high (well thats my excuse :roll: ) :lol:

Lisa :D

Guest robandmags

Hi Lisa

Thanks for the info. So much to look into our heads are spinning. We've got PSS coming in a couple of weeks to give us an estimate!

Alcohol is never in the house long enough to worry about, apart from how much we drink! Not looking forward to throwing away all my spices and stock cupboard.

Bye

Rob and Mags

P.s thanks to everyone that has replied. So many kind people all in the same boat. Sorry if we haven't got round to replying to you all yet.