Adelaide here we come!

Guest cazbob

Hi everyone!

I'm a newbie, i joined PIO there last week and i'm already addicted, figured I should add another addiction to the mix!

I'm Caz (25) a recently graduated Architect from Dublin. I went to Adelaide on a year working holiday visa in late 07 and got really great work as an architect and fell in love with the place, the job and the lifestyle. Came home to finish my degree and was offered a job in February by the same office to go back. =D

They agreed to sponsor me on a 457 and they submitted the sponsorship and nomination in mid sept. so i'm working on my 457 forms now, should hopefully have them submitted in the next week or two.

I'll be going over with my boyfriend, he hasn't had a WHV before so he'll go over on one of them and hopefully get a sponsor or i'll add him to mine as a defacto once we've been over there for long enough!

We're hoping to make it over in early 2011... maybe feb if the visas come through quickly! :D [crosses fingers]

Anyway enough of my rambling, looking forward to getting to know you all and hopefully meeting some of you when we make it over!

Caz

Hi Caz,

my 457 came through in a week, so guess we'll be seeing you in feb then...

Let us know when you get here and maybe we can meet up for a drink - or lunch if your work is city based.

I'm 27, geologist working in Adelaide city, came out in Feb to be with my boyfriend.

good luck with the planning and let us know if you have any questions.

RockDr

Thanks for the welcomes everyone, i'm looking forward to heading over even more now! :D I'm glad there's lots of Irish too, nothing worth sticking around here for eh!?

RockDr i'd love to meet up, i'll be working in the city so lunch shall be done! :D

Do you mind if i ask when you submitted your forms? and also if you'd waited for the nomination to be accepted before you applied?

I have all my forms ready to go (although i still have to get the Health Insurance sorted but I'm going with HBA I just have to get around to it!) and I'm front loading my app so hopefully it'll fly through but i'm not sure if I should just bang the forms in asap or wait it out till the nomination comes thru... advice would be appreciated!

Ta!

Caz

My application was done through an agent, I think they submitted the nomination and application together (my employer is already vetted as a sponsor). In any case, the nomination couldn't have been submitted more than about a week before the application, since that's when my employer first gave my details to the agent. I was already out here on a working holiday visa, so didn't have to worry about the health stuff since I was already enrolled with medicare. Agent submitted it end of september, came through a week later.

:)

Guest Mitchell

Hiya. My case was similar to the good RockDrs as my employer was already a sponsor and thenomination and visa app were submitted together. It took a week to come through too and that was only a few months ago.

Guest nicandchris
well at least if he does end up an alcoholic it will be for a good cause!as a newbie arriving soon i shall be taking him up on his offer hopefully before he ends up in rehab!!! :biglaugh:

Thats ok keep drinking, more work for us rmn's when we get over! :biglaugh:

Brilliant, it's so good to hear that apps are coming through so quick, i had visions of sitting twiddling my thumbs for months on end!

My employer's sponsorship forms are being looked at currently so the dept of immi haven't even gotten to the nomination forms which he submitted along with it! :-s

I just want to get the forms in before the festive rush / holidays!

All this talk of beer and it's only 10am :(

Caz

• 3 weeks later...

My employer was approved as a Sponsor today... one step closer!

Just waiting for the nomination to come through now and then I'm all ready to submit the 457 app, I have all my stuff sorted! :D