We are still here 3 years on

laura girling

Heyya all,

To anyone who may or may not remember us I hope this helps you.

Three years on, what a wonderful life we are living, the kids are all happy loving and doing so well in their schools, we live on the port river and watch dolphins swimming everyday, the beach is just down the road.

We both have good jobs, settled, happy and never ever going back to England to live.

Now look at my post

Weve had enough, going home!

What I guess Im trying to say is it takes time to settle, it isnt easy its blinking hard work, stresful (not for everyone) but for us it was.

If you give things enough time and want it badley enough, it is worth the effort to keep going.

I am so glad that I didnt sell my car thanks to Rob and Claire for that, and I am so glad I didnt rent the house back.

Fate kind of stood in the way and I know now it was for a reason, i am prob the happiest Pom in Adelaide and thank you Australia for having us in your most amazing country.

Thanks also for reading this post,

Laura xxx:notworthy:

Oh my you have had a rocky road but 3yrs on your still here and thats the main thing. I can really sympathise with your previous older thread.

We have been here just over 12mth and times are getting tough for us and we don't know where we will be long term.

Don't want to go back the UK and trying to make things better here is hard work but we have to try as we know things can only get better.

Thanks for sharing and so glad that you have stayed and giving hope to others to stick it out.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey there thanks for your responce.

It was just a case of my little ones being old enough to go to holiday school together.

well firstly my eldest Zac found a good friend, he relaxed and everyone and everything just fell into place.

Then my hubby found a job close to home and we are so happy now, I do still miss my friends and family but really know this is my home and im lovin it, I hope you do too. laura xxxx

Guest brianlynnette
Heyya all,

To anyone who may or may not remember us I hope this helps you.

Three years on, what a wonderful life we are living, the kids are all happy loving and doing so well in their schools, we live on the port river and watch dolphins swimming everyday, the beach is just down the road.

We both have good jobs, settled, happy and never ever going back to England to live.

Now look at my post

Weve had enough, going home!

What I guess Im trying to say is it takes time to settle, it isnt easy its blinking hard work, stresful (not for everyone) but for us it was.

If you give things enough time and want it badley enough, it is worth the effort to keep going.

I am so glad that I didnt sell my car thanks to Rob and Claire for that, and I am so glad I didnt rent the house back.

Fate kind of stood in the way and I know now it was for a reason, i am prob the happiest Pom in Adelaide and thank you Australia for having us in your most amazing country.

Thanks also for reading this post,

Laura xxx:notworthy:

aargh thats lovely, i hope to be writing something like that soon???? good luck and happiness to you all x