Sold house today

Guest team hewitt

Guest team hewitt

Hi, my name is Martin and i have just sold our house in Colchester, Essex and plan to be in Adelaide in Jan 2011. My wife, Melita and two children Oliver 4 and Abigail 2 will be joining me on this adventure.

I'm a wall and floor tiler and would like to know any area's in or around Adelaide where there is new developments going on or better than that how to pin down a contractor. Also like to know a nice area to rent in with access to facilities for kids and close to beaches, Oh and maybe a golf course for me. Thanks for help.

Hi and congrats on selling the house.... that's one big thing out of the way!!!

We are down south (Moana/Port Noarlunga South) there is a lot of building down here at Seaford Meadows/Heights and maybe still in Aldinga. IMO its a lovely area, close to good beaches, shops, good schools and lovely open spaces. Adelaide is growing with a few big developments North and South underway and planned, if you search under land releases on the internet that may give you a good idea on areas with new developments underway.

Good luck and any questions just ask

Kim

Guest team hewitt

Thanks Diane for reply, nice to know your still looking out for Essex. Judging by the length of time you have been a member moving to Adelaide has been a good decision for yourself or selves.

Guest team hewitt

Thanks Kim that gives me a good place to start narrowing down area's to rent in aswell as look for work, i'm sure over the next few weeks i will bombard people with questions. Thanks again

Hi There, we are from Chelmsford and have been here four months. My husband is a painter and decorator and has work already....seems like loads of work for him (guess that's one of the reasons we are here)

We are in the Northern suburbs, Hillcrest (great public transport), we are looking at Lightsview and Mount Barker (bluestone) areas for building our dream house and these are new developments....hope this helps.

PM us when you get here, perhaps we can go for some beers?

Louise & Mark

Guest team hewitt

Thanks for getting in touch beer sounds great although right now it makes me shiver, freezing outside and raining. Good to know there seems to be plenty of work that obviously is my main concern everything else should fall into place once you have work. Will keep in touch thanks again