at last i have sent off for our spouse visa!!!

Guest brianlynnette

Guest brianlynnette

Hi everyone our names are lynnette and brian we are 39 yrs old and we have 5 kids and 1 grandson we decided to emigrate over 2 yrs ago but since then our luck went from bad to worse.. luckily tho its now starting to pick up, i can now say i posted brians spouse visa application off yesterday so hope it doesnt take too long now, we are hoping to move to blakeview area does anyone know the area and can you give me any advice on schools hopefully just on infants and junior school hoping to get over to adelaide before our 10 yr old goes to big school, any info would be gratefully appreciated thank you.

Guest moonraker1959

Hi,can't help with Blakeview as I havent got any idea about that area.I do know a little about spousal visa's though.My OH applied for his(we're in the UK)over 2 years ago.You'd think he was applying to live in Iraq!!!!:biglaugh:Maybe it was just our C/O(who quit due to stress?????)but gee I was glad to see the back of that visa process.We had lived together for 12 years,married for 7,but evidently that was'nt good enough for them!!!!Yes he did end up getting it,I mean seriously does anyone keep up to 5 years of spent bills???????:goofy:Apparently the utility companies will only go back for 2 years evidence.Good luck and stay calm!!!xx

Guest Mitchell

I live in Craigmore next to Blakeview. Can't help with schools but it's a nice quiet area much cheaper for housing than a lot of areas. The reason for this is it's a long way from the city. Takes an hour on the bus (not tried the train as they're still playing with the track). Cost me $70 to get a taxi home from a night out in north Adelaide. You've got Munno para shopping city close by and Elizabeth is just down the road. There's a new estate being built here with new school and a super sized doctors surgery with new shops. Not sure when it's due to get finished. You're right on the edge of the suburbs here and 2 mins drive takes you into the hills. Really close for trips into the barossa. I think Jacobs creek is only about 30 mins drive.

Guest brianlynnette
Hi,can't help with Blakeview as I havent got any idea about that area.I do know a little about spousal visa's though.My OH applied for his(we're in the UK)over 2 years ago.You'd think he was applying to live in Iraq!!!!:biglaugh:Maybe it was just our C/O(who quit due to stress?????)but gee I was glad to see the back of that visa process.We had lived together for 12 years,married for 7,but evidently that was'nt good enough for them!!!!Yes he did end up getting it,I mean seriously does anyone keep up to 5 years of spent bills???????:goofy:Apparently the utility companies will only go back for 2 years evidence.Good luck and stay calm!!!xx

thanks moonraker, i done the form myself my god it was a pain but worth the effort for saving money on haha, just hoping brian gets accepted cant see any reason why he wont tho, just waiting for the emails to say ive done something wrong but maybe i might of done it right haha x

Guest brianlynnette
I live in Craigmore next to Blakeview. Can't help with schools but it's a nice quiet area much cheaper for housing than a lot of areas. The reason for this is it's a long way from the city. Takes an hour on the bus (not tried the train as they're still playing with the track). Cost me $70 to get a taxi home from a night out in north Adelaide. You've got Munno para shopping city close by and Elizabeth is just down the road. There's a new estate being built here with new school and a super sized doctors surgery with new shops. Not sure when it's due to get finished. You're right on the edge of the suburbs here and 2 mins drive takes you into the hills. Really close for trips into the barossa. I think Jacobs creek is only about 30 mins drive.

hi mitchell thanks for that, weve not definately decided on blakeview its just my auntie and uncle live there, are you serious thats the cheapest area?? i was hoping that was the dearest haha brian will love that type of area me im not so sure, dont want to be out in the sticks haha will have to do some more homework but if we just get a 6 month rental we can suss out the areas, are there many british out there by you, or any scousers?? thanks for replying x

Guest moonraker1959
thanks moonraker, i done the form myself my god it was a pain but worth the effort for saving money on haha, just hoping brian gets accepted cant see any reason why he wont tho, just waiting for the emails to say ive done something wrong but maybe i might of done it right haha x

Yes we also did the forms ourselves and boy did I live to regret that!:biglaugh:We were confident we had every scrap of info needed,all the stat decs,and whatever we could lay our hands on.As I said maybe it was just our c/o but wow she must of nit picked every question to pieces!!!You know what really bothered me though?My aussie nephew(lived in SA)came over to the UK for a while,met an american lady who was over on a temporary basis,they then moved to SA(had'nt lived together at this point)and she got her perm visa no problems!!!!!Us?As I said we had been together all up 12 years!!!!!!!!Go figure!!!!!:arghh:I do wish you luck and I hope to god you are allocated a nice c/o,you won't get ours she quit!:biglaugh:

having just got my spouse visa my advice would be give it a few weeks after you applied then ring AH and ask to speak to your CO.at this point they will know if they need more info and then they will be able to give you a guideline as to when it may be granted.we used an agent which did cost £800 but they did all the legwork and when we applied AH quoted 4 months and to be fair it came 2 days early.we have no children and have only been together 5 years.we did front load the police clearance and medical though .good luck and try to stay chilled.x

Guest Aussie pat

Aussie pat's other half here

Just looking on the positive side, I had a smooth ride when applying for my spouse visa 3 years ago. I did read and reread the help sheets on DIAC's website and checked and double-checked my documents and declarations to make sure I had addressed all points. It was time consuming but my view was - give em what they ask for and exactly what they ask for. Having said that, I suppose case officers do vary.

Good luck with your application.

Guest brianlynnette
Yes we also did the forms ourselves and boy did I live to regret that!:biglaugh:We were confident we had every scrap of info needed,all the stat decs,and whatever we could lay our hands on.As I said maybe it was just our c/o but wow she must of nit picked every question to pieces!!!You know what really bothered me though?My aussie nephew(lived in SA)came over to the UK for a while,met an american lady who was over on a temporary basis,they then moved to SA(had'nt lived together at this point)and she got her perm visa no problems!!!!!Us?As I said we had been together all up 12 years!!!!!!!!Go figure!!!!!:arghh:I do wish you luck and I hope to god you are allocated a nice c/o,you won't get ours she quit!:biglaugh:

hi thanks for that, i did actually feel quite confident till i sent the forms off then you start thinking oh did i say this or that haha, i took photocopies of everything even my declarations off the 2 people i know,im quietly confident i think haha, its always the way sometimes i think it just depends on your co but than god youres left haha;) me and brian have been together 11 yrs i have 2 older girls who brian give them his surname to and then weve got the 3 lil ones together, it was harder getting all the full birth certificates and the change of name forms sorted out for the 2 older ones, think were gonna need lots of luck haha x

Guest brianlynnette
Aussie pat's other half here

Just looking on the positive side, I had a smooth ride when applying for my spouse visa 3 years ago. I did read and reread the help sheets on DIAC's website and checked and double-checked my documents and declarations to make sure I had addressed all points. It was time consuming but my view was - give em what they ask for and exactly what they ask for. Having said that, I suppose case officers do vary.

Good luck with your application.

hi aussie pats oh haha, im trying to stay positive, dont know what to expect now tho, think im expecting to hear off them this week cos i keep checking mine and brians emails haha, well they were quick enough taking the money out haha, you sound like me, i put all my certified stuff in a see thru sleeve and catagorised every thing, think ill have peed them off with the amount of sleeves in for each category, but i had to for my own sake, it was very confusing.. well thanks and hope to post on here that its been accepted very soon, couldnt do another winter here haha do they accept you for your visa or do they wait till youve had yr medicals done 1st?? x

Guest brianlynnette
having just got my spouse visa my advice would be give it a few weeks after you applied then ring AH and ask to speak to your CO.at this point they will know if they need more info and then they will be able to give you a guideline as to when it may be granted.we used an agent which did cost £800 but they did all the legwork and when we applied AH quoted 4 months and to be fair it came 2 days early.we have no children and have only been together 5 years.we did front load the police clearance and medical though .good luck and try to stay chilled.x

thanks sharonchef, i never thought of that i might just ring next week haha im very impatient hehe, we havent frontloaded the meds and police clearance cos i was told the visa runs out the yr to the date you get yr meds and police check done, and we havent got the house on the market yet!!! if it comes to it though brian will have to go to oz for a wk or 2 to validate his visa thats if we havent sold the house by then, im soo excited never thought we'd get to this part especially the luck me and brian have been having thanks for replying x

Guest sthomas157

Hi

sorry to jump in on your thread but am appling for the same visa. And after reading all the posts i have gone through the same situations with the police checks and med checks. Just hoping that it all comes good for you.

Does anyone know if what they say about it taking between 5-6 months to be accepoted is true. Mine went in on September and have had all the med checks and police checks sent to my Guy at emigration.

Cheers

Guest Aussie pat

brianlynette

If I remember right I sent in the meds and police check at the same time as all the rest of it. I think the website at the time said to wait, but I checked with the info line and they said to get it done straight away if you wanted to. I imagine the advice to wait was so that if you had no hope of getting the visa (misunderstood the requirements or something basic like that) then you didn't waste the money on the meds etc.

sthomas

It took 2 months for my visa to come through, but I was a very straightforward case and by some miracle my documentation was complete, so we didn't have any toing and froing with follow up requests and then follow ups to follow ups. It obviously depends on how straightforward your case is, luck and your case officer.

Good luck everybody

Guest brianlynnette
brianlynette

If I remember right I sent in the meds and police check at the same time as all the rest of it. I think the website at the time said to wait, but I checked with the info line and they said to get it done straight away if you wanted to. I imagine the advice to wait was so that if you had no hope of getting the visa (misunderstood the requirements or something basic like that) then you didn't waste the money on the meds etc.

sthomas

It took 2 months for my visa to come through, but I was a very straightforward case and by some miracle my documentation was complete, so we didn't have any toing and froing with follow up requests and then follow ups to follow ups. It obviously depends on how straightforward your case is, luck and your case officer.

Good luck everybody

hi lynnette here ive just had an email ive got a c.o appointed already hehe but.... hes asked what assetts and money weve got, im a bit confused cos obviously weve got all our own furniture havent still got receipts for it all but have extended warranty policies?? and our main money is in the equity of the house, as we havent saved up any yet, were just saving as we go and paying out for stuff as we go, really am confused, were not coming over to freeload off the state, we dont do it here so wouldnt do it over there, im fuming cos ive heard other people have got in with just 10k and i asked them if i had to have any money in the bank before i sent this application off and they said no!!! did you have to prove what money and income you have and how did you do it thanks xx

Hi

sorry to jump in on your thread but am appling for the same visa. And after reading all the posts i have gone through the same situations with the police checks and med checks. Just hoping that it all comes good for you.

Does anyone know if what they say about it taking between 5-6 months to be accepoted is true. Mine went in on September and have had all the med checks and police checks sent to my Guy at emigration.

Cheers

they are very accurate with the timescale.at 5 months they can usually give you a date they intent to grant the visa give or take a few days.i was 2 months earlier than you so was told the 3/4 month timescale.at 3 months i rang to speak to my CO and he gave me 7th nov.it helped us as we had to get everything booked in time to be in oz when my husbands residents return visa ran out mid december:jiggy: