Arrive in January...what to pack in the suitcases?

Guest Bather's

Guest Bather's

Help....im starting to pack as we fly in 6 wks.

Now realising ive no idea what to pack!!!!

do i bring loads of summer stuff and not really bother with the winter stuff?

do i need duvets?

what about sun cream? do i bring bucket loads of the stuff or get it from there?

do i bring all my boots, they weigh so much?

are uggs cheaper in the UK, im getting ready for some new ones? do people wear them in aus????

Not as relaxed as i was.......but cant wait to set off!

Thanks

Danielle

i was just the same as you when we were packing!i asked for advice off the lovely ladies on here and was told to bring shorts,vests,maxi dresses etc.so what we have done is packed as if we are going on on two week holiday somewere hot but included a lightweight waterproof just in case!i may have got it wrong but when you only have 20kg each you don't have a great deal of choice but to go for the lighter stuff!

Just remember to also pack things that are also suitable for work...

If you've got too much stuff (i.e. the boots), you can always pack a box with the extra and ship/post it to yourself... or wear the heaviest pair on the plane, you'll take them off as soon as you're sat down anyway.

Guest guest3462

Don't forget your tin opener and bottle opener!!! Also if your shipping doesn't arrive until after you do we found it useful to pack

lightweight bedding such as sheets etc, we also brought my first ready beds for the kids. We packed as if for a summer holiday otherwise and managed just fine. It's amazing how much crap you will aquire within the first few weeks anyway!!!

Guest Mitchell

Are you sure you've only got 20kg? If you've already got PR most airlines will upgrade you to 40kg as a migrant. If not and you're flying emerites you get 30kg. Girls can take a handbag as well as a piece of carry on if you dont take the piss with the size and keep it on your shoulder. I wore jeans (coz they're heavy) and a jumper and a fleece coz it gets cold on the plane when you're sitting still and that's all stuff that would be heavy in your case. I also carried my book for the flight in my hand. A digital case weigher is a great piece of kit!!! I brought travel sized essential toiletries from superdrug. Don't bother with sunscreen as it's much cheaper here.

we spoke to the airline but because my husband migrated in 98 they won't give him the extra and because my spouse visa is one that makes you have to proove you are still a couple in another 2 years to get your residency they have said no to extra for me too!going to be cheeky with the hand luggage though!we will look like we are going to the north pole with what we are wearing to the airport too!