g/day

Guest chippie74

Guest rockpool crab

Hi there,

welcome...this is a great site.

We'll I've got to choose Adelaide as that's where my visa will take me. But on researching it I'm sure it'll be great. What appeals to me is the weather. It doesn't get scorching hot, which I can't bear. If it's over 100 degrees I find that difficult.

To be honest thought, I've not looked at Perth... so can't compare really.

Lots of people on here already living in Adelaide. I'm sure they'll tell you how good it is :-)

Good luck

Carol Ann

Guest dglamoore

Hello and Welcome :lol:

We also chose Adelaide due to points but having never been to oz cannot compare Adelaide and Perth - there are some on here that may be able to though :D

We think Adelaide will be ideal for us as it seems very family orientated, has cooler seasons and cost of housing seems a lot lower than other states too!

Good luck with your decision - are you planning a reccie to visit both plaves to make up your mind?

Lisa :D

Guest chippie74

hi all!!!

me and the missus was in auss last year for 8 weeeks and went to all the main citys..alot of flighing ..just loved the place. We just went as a holiday not to live it was only when we got back we decided to go for it!!!.My missus loved adelaide just for the quietness and the 24hr pankcake house which are there :P

Guest dglamoore

me too mmmmmmmmm and don't forget the cheesecake shop and the chocolate shop in Glenelg :lol: :lol:

better lose some more weight before I get out there :shock:

Lisa :D

and me - boring rainy day in Solihull, a pile of ironing, stack of marking OR browsing this site with a big piece of coffee cake :D love cheesecake - is it calorie free? :lol:

Cari (going to iron now)

Cheesecakes..Pancakes - HERE I COME.............I love all sweet things :)

We've had a holiday in Brisbane, Gold Coast & Sydney - all very different places. Driven to Adelaide with the visa class but looking forward to the homely surroundings & meeting all the friendly people I've met on this site & the other side :wink:

Have to say my hubby is still debating Perth but I think its definitely Adelaide for me :)

Good luck

Angela

I have lived 12yrs in Adelaide & 21yrs in Perth. Most of you seem to think we get hotter weather here in Perth. That is not my experience. Both Adelaide & Perth can sometimes have very hot days. Adelaide had 40c on two days this week while we had 25c & a couple of welcome showers.

On hot days Perth gets a cool breeze during the afternoon, known locally as 'the Freemantle Doctor'. Adelaide just stays hot!

Yes, house prices are still lower in Adelaide, although after our visit there recently I noticed that they are rising, slowely but surely.

Guest dglamoore

On a side note - does anyone know how to read PMs from this site? I got a window telling me I had one, but it was blocked as I had PopUp Blocker on, turned that off and can't find where it's gone to!

D

Along the top of the page you will see several links - one of these will say ''you have x new messages''. Click on this and you will be taken to your inbox and can read the messages from there.

Lisa :lol: