hi first time on Pommes and gulp!!!

Guest JustinMarks

Guest JustinMarks

:arghh:Hi im Hazel M's other half less than 3 weeks to go till we arrive in Adelaide (2nd) job sorted starting at FMC on 17th Jan. things are crazy at moment selling everything on ebay uk!!. should of been on this site before now, would just like to say thanks for all the kind offers of help/ advice to my family throu my wife. Scary times for all of us have been living out of a suitcase for 2 weeks and i dont really know anyone in the area. its like going up to top of rollercoaster click, click , click, click and nearly at the top hope we enjoy the ride in Oz !!! hoping to meet members of the expat community who like us have been brave enough to walk the walk not just talk the talk in finding a better life for their family i hope its worth the reward and i know its going to sting when we leave england behind. I need help to find out where to get Marmite, go fishing and find geeks to walk the Heysen trail/flinders ranges!! you know they say strangers are friends just waiting to get to know you. (im 38 a dad with 3 daughters and wife), i really like too rough it in the wild outdoors my perfect day is a long walk followed by a campfire bush tucker, seeing the stars and a bit of booze too. look forward to see the Poms in adelaide, hi and all the best Justin !!

Hi Justin,

I would love to do the 'outback thing' but with 5 young kids its not possible at the moment. I so would love to just paddle a canoe up on of the rivers with just a tent and tucker. We do camp though and some of the national parks are well worth a visit or camp. Good luck on the move over here. We found the flight with littlies a lot less stressful than we thought it could be.

Look forward to meeting you all when you get here.

Pete

Guest The Dimmocks

Hi Justin

Welcome to PIA. Looking forward to meeting up with you all when you arrive. Well done on getting the pick of a new job. Sure you will be sad to leave good old Dudley Road LOL. We have just brought some new camping stuff (having sold all ours in UK - it was all only 2 man stuff though). Hopefully going to have a few weekends away in the holidays.

Michelle

Guest Mitchell
I know I found Marmite in a few speciality stores.

Its a bit pricey so ship a few jars over in your container if you can :) Or get the odd parcel sent via snail mail with jars in once or twice a year perhaps?

I bought marmite at Coles mmmmmmm

Guest guest5933

Wahey!! The very best of luck to you both...I wil be over in May 2011, the old paperwork is slow!

I will look forward to a few socials with PIA folk when i'm there....i'm a total bushcraft geek myself so

will be looking for any excuses to head into the wild :-)

:arghh:Hi im Hazel M's other half less than 3 weeks to go till we arrive in Adelaide (2nd) job sorted starting at FMC on 17th Jan. things are crazy at moment selling everything on ebay uk!!. should of been on this site before now, would just like to say thanks for all the kind offers of help/ advice to my family throu my wife. Scary times for all of us have been living out of a suitcase for 2 weeks and i dont really know anyone in the area. its like going up to top of rollercoaster click, click , click, click and nearly at the top hope we enjoy the ride in Oz !!! hoping to meet members of the expat community who like us have been brave enough to walk the walk not just talk the talk in finding a better life for their family i hope its worth the reward and i know its going to sting when we leave england behind. I need help to find out where to get Marmite, go fishing and find geeks to walk the Heysen trail/flinders ranges!! you know they say strangers are friends just waiting to get to know you. (im 38 a dad with 3 daughters and wife), i really like too rough it in the wild outdoors my perfect day is a long walk followed by a campfire bush tucker, seeing the stars and a bit of booze too. look forward to see the Poms in adelaide, hi and all the best Justin !!

Best of luck and enjoy the time. We have have had to work hard in the year we have been here but have a lifestyle that we could not afford in Britain.

We currently have no money or tents etc but would love to do some camping outback. Well, I have not asked my wife or four kids but...

Best wishes,

Cooler

Guest Buckaringa Steve

Hi Justin

Im new on here myself (even though I've now been in Adelaide for 2 years now!), I worked as a 4x4 tour guide here back in 2002 when backpacking and took other tourists outback all the time. We go camping all the time to the Flinders Ranges, Coorong and further a field. So if you or anyone else fancies a trip out let me know, this really is an awesome state to explore!

Guest nicandchris

As a family of marmite lovers including our 9 month old baby i would like to say that whilst Marmite is wonderful if thats unavailable then Vegemite is a cheaper and good alternative!

:jiggy:

I never found it in a Coles. Stacks of something called Vegimite though :|

Guest JustinMarks

cheers mate, i know the flights gonna be hell on earth but with this attitude i may turn out to be pleasantly surprized. Defo on the camping cant wait to see wilpena pound. we have lots of camping stuff in the container hope it clears ok

Guest JustinMarks

i wll bring a big pot in my handluggage that will sort those boarder control sniffer dogs noses out:goofy:

Revolting stuff - both marmite and vegemite! Found a huge giant size pot of marmite in my cupboard yesterday (unopened), god knows how long that's been in there. Perhaps I should donate it to a needy addict??

Still in the UK and need a last minute gift?

A one off 500g jar of Marmite covered in over 6,000 Swarovski crystals has gone on sale at the London Marmite Pop Up Shop in Selfridges. Each of the 6,000 crystals were applied with meticulous detail by hand and took over 10 painstaking hours to complete! The jar, worth £2,000, will be on sale until the end of the year, so if you fancy a sparkly Marmite jar to add to the collection, make sure you visit the shop in the Lower Ground floor of Selfridges

Guest Guest75
cheers mate, i know the flights gonna be hell on earth but with this attitude i may turn out to be pleasantly surprized. Defo on the camping cant wait to see wilpena pound. we have lots of camping stuff in the container hope it clears ok

You'll love Wilpenea Pound and the Flinders - a special place to me :D:D