Single parents!

Guest missjones

Guest missjones

Hi, I've used this site once before but my situations changed now so need any helpful advice anyone can give. I'm a single mom of 3 and my friend is also a single mom of 1. We want to emigrate to Adelaide with our other friend and we're all nurses but really need advice from other single parents on what its like out ther and if we'll cope! We want to go at the same time and live near to each other so we'll all be a support to each other. Has anyone gone out there as a single parent? Will we manage it? Will it be possible do you think?

Any advice etc will be greatly appreciated.

Guest Russfamily

Hi , whilst im not a single parent im sure that it would be a great adventure for u all. there are plenty of single familys out in oz and nurses are in big demand so u should have no trouble getting out there.

Wow what an adventure. :jiggy:Yeah go for it.;)

Not a single parent but one going out with 4 children in tow. Also Tracey my other 'arf is a nurse. Good luck to you all.

Pete

Hi, I've used this site once before but my situations changed now so need any helpful advice anyone can give. I'm a single mom of 3 and my friend is also a single mom of 1. We want to emigrate to Adelaide with our other friend and we're all nurses but really need advice from other single parents on what its like out ther and if we'll cope! We want to go at the same time and live near to each other so we'll all be a support to each other. Has anyone gone out there as a single parent? Will we manage it? Will it be possible do you think?

I suppose it depends if you have a good network of support back home. It will take time to build one up here. Work wise you'll be fine - there are some excellent day care centres around.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

Nick

x

Guest Libby1971

Hi

I think you are extraordinary and I bow down before you.:notworthy:

Two young ladies that I know came here with partners but very quickly established lives for themselves as single parents. Both are in new relationships with Aussie chaps and have made really good lives for themselves, supported by new friends, in nice houses, near good schools and shops.

It can be done and with jobs like yours, I wouldn't have thought you would be okay with work.

Good Luck

Libby

My answer would be....why not? The three of you have the support network already set up in yourselves. I don't see why not having a guy with you should hold you back.

Miss Jones, your 2 older children will be in full time education, which only leaves your youngest for you to sort out child care.

With you all being nurses, I can't see there being any problem with obtaining visa's.

I'm not making light though of emigrating. It can be tough and financially draining to begin with but if you girls are determined to make a go of it, then I'm sure you'll find a way to make it possible.

Good Luck

Judi x

• 1 year later...

Hello Miss Jones.

At present i am still in the U.K but i will be going to Adelaide in February with my daughter who is 7.

All i can say is go for it, i never thought i would have the guts to do something like this but i do believe i have made the best desicion for myself and my daughter.

It must be great having friends who will be looking at making the move with you as you will have each other.

I have looked at childcare a lot as i will be doing shift work (yes another nurse) but there are options available for childcare at night and weekends, you possibly wouldn't need that with your friends there.

And the answer to your question 'Will it be possible'? Yes. If its something you want to do then go for it. It may be a scary thought and yes i believe when i step on that plane i will be s*** scared, but hey hopefully i will get over that and be able look forward to great life in Oz.

• 2 years later...
Guest Adelaide Dad

Hello Miss jones - and to all those aspiring single parents deciding to emigrate to Adelaide. Hope you don't mind a single Dad who lives in Adelaide joining your forum bu I wanted to I guess vouch or our lovely little city. It is a great place to raise kids and there are plenty of things here to keep you and the little angels busy without too much fear that comes with the bigger cities on the East Coast of Downunder. I welcome you all on behalf of our sleepy little town and this forum is a great idea. Hopefully you all enjoy your time in Adelaide - whatever the length, and I for one wish you all the best in establishing yourselves here.

• 2 weeks later...