Like Tree2Likes
    • 2 Post By kangomik

Thread: How do i get out their

Matt Leech

Post How do i get out their

Hi guys, i've just got back from a three week trip to oz. The first thing i thought when i got back was how do i get back out there. I'm a 33 year old beer delivery driver and have done range of different jobs. I do not have a
      trade as such but would be looking at anything from bar work to labouring jobs. I have accomodation in Adelaide and wanted to try and get a six month plus working visa. If anyones got any good suggestions bar the usual re: trade/ age...it would be much appreciated. Many thanks matt

Janine3979
      Hi,

Have a look at the skilled occupation list Skilled Occupations List (Schedule 3) and the visa types to see if you qualify for any, if not the only thing I would suggest is to get long term experience in one of these occupations then apply.

Good Luck

Title
      Liked
      4223 times
      Rep
      Sounds like a Working Holiday Visa is your best bet - lots of migration agents offer a free first consultation, have a chat with a couple and get their advice first, then you'll know your best options.
      Sometimes the grass will appear greener on the other side because it has been fertilised by bull****

kangomik
      Working holiday visa then marriage mate.:Randy-git:

Just get one that does not want to go back to blighty
      HEAPS GOOD !!! and Matt Leech like this.

Matt Leech
      Quote Originally Posted by kangomik View Post
      Working holiday visa then marriage mate.:Randy-git:

Just get one that does not want to go back to blighty
      Thanks..you'll be invited to the wed for such sound advice. That will be the plan.

Title
      Liked
      48 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by Diane View Post
      Sounds like a Working Holiday Visa is your best bet - lots of migration agents offer a free first consultation, have a chat with a couple and get their advice first, then you'll know your best options.

I may be wrong but thought that WHV had a cut off age of 30 and OP said he was 33

http://www.immi.gov.au/visitors/working-holiday/417/
      Last edited by SWMBO; 14-12-2010 at 10:31 PM. Reason: hopefully add link

Title
      Liked
      112 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by SWMBO View Post
      I may be wrong but thought that WHV had a cut off age of 30 and OP said he was 33
      Yeah I was told that too. When I phoned the UK visa line they did say they can be a bit flexible on that but that people over 30 don't go traveling! I'd check to see if I were you.

Title
      Liked
      4223 times
      Rep
      Best to check then, sorry I didn't know about the age restriction. Fancy saying people over 30 don't travel! I've got a 50 year old sister who is constantly travelling for fun!! Take advantage of the free consultations and see what they recommend.
      Sometimes the grass will appear greener on the other side because it has been fertilised by bull****

•  
    Copyright 2006 - 2015 Australia Migration Forums