• Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New to Adelaide

We are staying at Noralonga at the moment on a short term accommodation (been here just over a week). Could quite happily remain here, but we have family in Semaphore so have a rental sorted there. Big shopping centre here, beaches (which we sat on yesterday) are gorgeous. We watched the surfers yesterday morning. Its really lovely here. I'm sure I spotted TAFE here? Good luck!

It's very hard to imagine how far every area is as it is so spread out. It doesn't look far on the maps but it is, but the driving is easy here.

Modbury is about 20mins from the city, it is more suburbia. We lived in Highbury for 2.5 years whilst my daughter went to Norwood Morialta high, in Norwood, very good school. My daughter still lives in Redwood park not far from there.
      We liked Highbury but for us the country feel was a draw, and closer to the beach.
      You can still drive to the sea west beach is where we went to about 45 mins from Highbury.

If you look on the Tafe website for the courses he may want, it will be easier to plan ahead.
      Good luck with your search
      regards Tina
      Last edited by tinas; 03-01-2011 at 12:31 AM.

68 times
      Quote Originally Posted by Mizzmp View Post
      Thanks. Our eldest will probably do plumbing or carpentary as my hubbies a bricklayer and hes shown no interest in that. Looking at the map Sellicks does seem far out. We are also looking at Modbury area up north which seems closer to human life.

we moved over here 18 months ago with teenagers....... settled in the Modbury area and the kids have freedom via good transport links and they can all travel into the city with ease! We love lots of places in Adelaide but the North East is great for everything ........ and if you desire a beach day then its a 25 minute drive away!

Seaford Meadows, SA
      122 times
      Hello and welcome.

We are at Seaford Meadows. Love it down South. Good luck with it all
      Joanne (43), Ged (41) & Bella the cat (8).....and now Brian the dog; the only Aussie in the house. Arrived 8/1/09 from Oldham, Gtr Manchester.
      Rented in Findon, SA for 22 months built own house & so now moved to Seaford Meadows. Became citizens 9/12/13. Life doesn't get much better

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Copyright 2006 - 2015 Australia Migration Forums