Moving to Hallett Cove in January 2011

Guest Sarah2110

Guest Sarah2110

Hi, we are flying over 2 weeks today! Things are very hectic here, looking forward to some sunshine though. I am 37, my husband is 34 and we have a daughter aged 7 and a son aged 5. We would welcome any hints or tips you could offer. :cute:

Its beautiful, the weather is amazing right now....39 today, 43 NYE, 30 NYD....bit it can be hard work.

Come with clean slate a will to succeed and hit the ground running....we did we have been here nearly three years and have slowed the run to a jog...lol.

Build your circle of friends pretty quickly as these close friends go on to become your new family here in Oz....

Ask lots of questions, the only stupid question is the one that never gets asked.

Research where you want to live.... prioritize whats important from where you want to live....this can help you enormously to decide where to live.

Theres a little to keep you going....

Hope this helps somehow...

Anything else just give us a shout.

HG

Guest ffi&dyl

Good luck with the move.

We live 15 min down the road in Seaford, I also have a 7 year old daughter and 5 year old son, let me know if you and the kids want to meet up in one of the local parks once you are settled.

Ffion

Hi, we are flying over 2 weeks today! Things are very hectic here, looking forward to some sunshine though. I am 37, my husband is 34 and we have a daughter aged 7 and a son aged 5. We would welcome any hints or tips you could offer. :cute:

Hi & a very Happy New Year to you all :wubclub:

We arrived in August and our 3 kids all go to Hallett Cove R-12. They have settled in so well and the school has been great. We wanted just the one drop off in the morning and as we are renting in Sheidow Park the school is only 5 minutes away in the car. Julie Cooper is the Deputy Principal for the R-7 section of the school and she was wonderful when we first contacted them.

Hallett Cove shopping centre is useful for food shopping, Woolworths and Foodland, a bakers, butchers and a greengrocer. Big W and lots of other shops. You will find though when you get here there is lots of choice as to where you go shopping, as there are lots of options and all very close. Marion, a Westfield shopping mall is only 15 minutes drive from here.

Hallett Cove has a sporting club, Jack plays cricket (U 13's) and they run AFL, netball, soccer, cricket and other sports from there. Hallett Cove reserve is lovely, mostly pebbles beach, small playground area, bbq, cafe and a nice coastal walk. Our kids love going there and again only 5 minutes from here in the car.

Hope that's useful.

Nick, Laurie, Jack (12), Hannah (11) and Neve (9)

Vettasses Dec 08

Applied for SA SS Apr 09 received Jun 09

IELTS Jun 09

Visa Applied for Jul 09

C Officer appointed Aug 09

Meds/PC Sep 09

Visa Granted Dec 09

Arrived Aug 10 and loving it

Guest Sarah2110

Hi, thanks so much for replying. It's great to get all these hints and tips before we come over. I think we will look at the East and R12 schools as they seem the best / most popular. It's always good to have plenty of shops! I am very keen to get the kids in some sports clubs too, so that's good to know. Thanks again.