How far is seaford meadows from the city

Guest hughescl

Guest hughescl

Hi

Please could someone tell me how long it takes to travel from Seaford meadows to the city by car? We are looking at this area and my husband will be based out of an office in the city but being a Carpenter could be sent anywhere. Also are there good rail links in this area:)

Many Thanks

Claire

Hi there.

My cousin lives in Seaford Meadows, and her husband works in the city.

Well, travel time depends on the time of day you'll be travelling!! Seaford Meadows is right at the end of the expressway, so if you're going into the city in the morning, and home in the evening it's about 25-30 minutes to/from the city centre on average.

If you're going in the wrong direction to the expressway (it's a one way dual carriageway that switches direction morning/evening, then opposite at weekends) then it can take about 45-60 minutes to get into the city.

The train line currently stops at Noarlunga Centre, but it's currently being extended down to Seaford, but I'm not sure on when it's planned to be completed.

There are also plans in place to make the expressway a two-way road, but obviously that won't be completed for a few years yet.

Hi

Please could someone tell me how long it takes to travel from Seaford meadows to the city by car? We are looking at this area and my husband will be based out of an office in the city but being a Carpenter could be sent anywhere. Also are there good rail links in this area:)

Many Thanks

Claire

Hi

it will take you approx 50/60 mins, in the car, the rail link is just being extended from noarlunga to seaford this year so that will be easier.

good luck Tina

Hi

Many Thanks

Claire

Hi Claire,

I start work in the morning for a carpentry firm based west of the city and my first job is at nourlunga which is not far from seaford rise, so the chances are your husband will be working all over , hopefully his boss wil place him as close to home as possible. Gary..

Guest kangomik

Give it an hour unless they close it which only usually happens when it rains and people forget how to drive.

The express way works well, the roads off it to the city are the killer and he will take marion or south road like the others. He may start work early at say 7.30 or 7am which will help a lot, getting to work for 9am in the city is a killer from anywhere in South Australia.

I know a man who can get from seaford area to wingfield in 45 minutes, and the same back in the afternoon...............only when he sets off early though.

If he is based on sites around the adelaide area i wouldn't bother too much about the travel time.

However if he has to travel to the same start point every day then this 2 hour commute every day may after time be a sticky point.

It all depends what lifestyle you have outside of work you will have.

Hi Claire,

We have friends in Seaford and one of them commutes every day into the city. She drives from Seaford to Noarlunga which is 5km and parks at the Noarlunga interchange. The train takes 40 minutes to the city. If there's no reason for a car this is the best option. We have quite a few guests who walk from Christies and Port Noarlunga and do the commute this way.

The rail link to Seaford will take a while as they are changing to electrification of the trains as well but the money is approved and work has begun. There will be disruption to the service when this gets into full swing though.

Tamara