We first looked at moving to Aus 3 years ago. At the time I was sitting my final CIMA exams and was advised that I should wait a year so I had post qualified experience for my application. My DH is an IT Security specialist and would need to go down the RPL route which is just too tedious to consider.
Anyway at the time it was me, my DH and our DS who is now aged 7. We put our plans on hold as we decided to have another baby and we now have another beautiful son, aged 6 months.
I can see that a lot has changed since we first started this journey. Our plan is for me to sit the IELTS in Feb then have my CIMA qualification assessed by CPAA. I'm then hoping to apply for SS from SA (hoping all of the places for my profession won't be gone by then) and then apply for a 176 visa. I can't see it being a problem being in SA for 2 years as I think if you try somewhere and don't like it you really have to give it a chance and 2 years is a reasonable timeframe to decide if we really didn't like it or were just a bit homesick.