Finally-Oh yes!

Guest BigSmiles

Guest BigSmiles

Hiya,

we're a family of four hoping to emigrate summer 2012. Teenage daughter who sort of wants to go (she's warming to the idea the more she watches Bondi Rescue and sees the hunky young surfer dudes!) and a 9 yr boy who will do anything, go anywhere as long as there is plenty of food!

Im a secondary teacher; just waiting for some documents to arrive in the post and I will apply to have my qualifications assessed then its on to the 175!

We have talked about emigrating for about 5 years, but the timing has never been right - OH is 35 next week, and I'm 33 so its time to stop dreaming and start doing...Hallet Cove looks nice but I suppose you can't really say until you get there.:jiggy:

How excited am I? :biglaugh: Looking forward to reading your pearls of wisdom.

Guest Guest6899
Hiya,

we're a family of four hoping to emigrate summer 2012. Teenage daughter who sort of wants to go (she's warming to the idea the more she watches Bondi Rescue and sees the hunky young surfer dudes!) and a 9 yr boy who will do anything, go anywhere as long as there is plenty of food!

Im a secondary teacher; just waiting for some documents to arrive in the post and I will apply to have my qualifications assessed then its on to the 175!

We have talked about emigrating for about 5 years, but the timing has never been right - OH is 35 next week, and I'm 33 so its time to stop dreaming and start doing...Hallet Cove looks nice but I suppose you can't really say until you get there.:jiggy:

How excited am I? :biglaugh: Looking forward to reading your pearls of wisdom.

Hello welcome to PIA, were looking into Hallett Cove too seems a lovely place. Good luck with your plans.

Lisa

Don't tell your daughter, but there's not a lot of surf types here in SA! Show her a few pics of Australian Rules Footballers - there's a few of those around!!

Seriously, welcome to the site - I have a 16 yr old daughter and 13 yr old son, so if there's anything I can help you with, just shout.

Not anywhere near Hallett Cove though, doesn't float my boat personally but I know lots of Poms like it there - but if you decide to look elsewhere and end up towards the North East, that's where we are :)

Good luck with you plans. I brought 14 year old twin girls out here 18 months ago approx and to be honest they have never looked back. They made great friends the minute they got to school (Reynella East) and love it there. They both now have jobs and are loving those too, they both play netball, do streetdance and one of them has joined a local soccer club. The beaches are great and they love the shopping so I am sure your daughter will love it here.

We are in Woodcroft so not far from Hallet Cove area so give me a shout if I can help in anyway. ;)

Guest BigSmiles

Thanks so much for your warm replies! OH has had another look at the SS list and thinks he may be able to get in on another job he is qualified for...does that make sense? Anyway, we might be getting there a whole lot sooner! Wohhoooo!

So glad your girls have settled quickly McGintyoz, its really reassuring to hear that, told my daughter about it, and about the surfer dudes. She's very happy at the moment :D