haidresser and p&d hoping to get in

Guest jools123

Guest jools123

hi im jools (39) im married to paul (39) and we have two boys zack(5) and josh(3), as the title says im a hairdresser of 17 years and paul is multi trade but as thats not recognised painter and decorator lol.

weve had our visa in for 1 1/2 years now and were waiting for sponsorship from sa but we originally had wa so im worried we wont get it, we first chose wa becuase it was nearer to the uk ( i feel so stupid saying that now) but sometimes there has to be 1 thinkg to make you choose, obviously that dident go well we were totally dumped when the smp come out, but maybe it was fate becuase the more i research sa the more i feel it is right for my family, we live in a little seaside town in kent and would like to live near the sea if we gwt there so any opinions on places would be greatly appreciated.

thanks for listening guys

hope i diddent go on to much (i am a hairdresser ):biglaugh:and blonde at that:goofy:

jools x

Guest gymnast11

:jiggy:

hi im jools (39) im married to paul (39) and we have two boys zack(5) and josh(3), as the title says im a hairdresser of 17 years and paul is multi trade but as thats not recognised painter and decorator lol.

weve had our visa in for 1 1/2 years now and were waiting for sponsorship from sa but we originally had wa so im worried we wont get it, we first chose wa becuase it was nearer to the uk ( i feel so stupid saying that now) but sometimes there has to be 1 thinkg to make you choose, obviously that dident go well we were totally dumped when the smp come out, but maybe it was fate becuase the more i research sa the more i feel it is right for my family, we live in a little seaside town in kent and would like to live near the sea if we gwt there so any opinions on places would be greatly appreciated.

hope i diddent go on to much (i am a hairdresser ):biglaugh:and blonde at that:goofy:

jools x

hi jools, our visa has been goin on for nearly 2 years now is it only hairdressers this happens too, we av decided to go adelaide, and it just suits my family and i , glenelg is were we av put a stamp on, if all goes well, but hallett cove, seaford look fab too, what we done was google map, then looked facilities for the children, nearest golf course,and so on,

Guest littlem

Hi jools good luck with your SA ss application, we too have been lodged since nov 09 and let down by Wa smp. I agree with you about SA it looks fab and will be a better choice than Wa, there loss!

Michelle

Guest helene73

Hi guys i am in the same boat as you i am a hairdresser too and wanted Perth we fell in love with the place when we visited in october, But Adelaide is a hell of a lot cheaper to live in so we are going to give it ago, you only have to stay 2 years then can move on to WA :)

Guest jools123
anyway good, and keep in touch, let us know how it goes x x

hi gymnast11,

i thought gleneg looked good too, but would like to look into other places as well.

how old are your children.

jools x

Guest jools123
Hi jools good luck with your SA ss application, we too have been lodged since nov 09 and let down by Wa smp. I agree with you about SA it looks fab and will be a better choice than Wa, there loss!

Michelle

hi michelle, thanks for the good luck, have you applied to sa yet?, i too feel so let down that i dont think we would go to wa now just on princible lol,

definatly there loss:biglaugh:

jools x

Guest jools123
Hi guys i am in the same boat as you i am a hairdresser too and wanted Perth we fell in love with the place when we visited in october, But Adelaide is a hell of a lot cheaper to live in so we are going to give it ago, you only have to stay 2 years then can move on to WA :)

hi helene,

have you applied for sa yet, im realy worried that they wont give it to me because i had wa sponsorship.

i think if we get it we will definatly stay as the saying goes wherever i lay my hat is my home. i dont want to uproot the kids two years later unless we hate it of course:nah:

it would be nice to have some frienships formed with people in the same boat beefore we get there though.

jools x

Guest littlem

Hi jools we lodged last week, had the same worry re already applied to Wa, there is no where on ss app that asks so I contacted SA contact in London and have a mail from her confirming that we don't need to do anything, I felt we were being deceitful not saying anything but she said as they dont ask on new app it's irrelevant.

Now we are just in for the wait lol, becoming a bit of an expert!

Guest jools123
Hi jools we lodged last week, had the same worry re already applied to Wa, there is no where on ss app that asks so I contacted SA contact in London and have a mail from her confirming that we don't need to do anything, I felt we were being deceitful not saying anything but she said as they dont ask on new app it's irrelevant.

Now we are just in for the wait lol, becoming a bit of an expert!

hi michelle ,

on mu application it said have you ever applied to anouther state so i had to say yes, not sure if this was just for my agent becase the first part is on line he might just take my answers and do the application himself, i havent sent off cover sheet and p.ports yet did you get them certified again or just use the ones that were for wa.

jools x

Guest littlem
hi michelle ,

on mu application it said have you ever applied to anouther state so i had to say yes, not sure if this was just for my agent becase the first part is on line he might just take my answers and do the application himself, i havent sent off cover sheet and p.ports yet did you get them certified again or just use the ones that were for wa.

jools x

Hi Jools,

We decided to lodge ourselves this time, our agent quoted £500 to submit ss for us and to be honest we have spent a small fortune and just feel we cant justify anymore. To be fair the application was so easy, and they didnt ask about applying to another state, i think this was on the old ss on line form, but they have recently updated it. We were filing in the same questions that we would have sent to our agent so didnt have to work any harder lol! The commitment statement was the only bit i worried about. I had loads to write as SA does look fabulous and seems perfect for us and the kids. The only problem is we have never been there........i just hope it comes accross okay and they can see that we will commit to SA. It is funny after wanting to be in WA for so long we realised whilst researching SA that we much prefer it, fate maybee???

Re documents they dont need to be certified see below (this is from SA website) we sent our last week they took 5 days although quoted 1-3 it cost £25, not bad considering and we could track it all the way.

Documents Required

Documents do not need to be certified copies, but must be copies of true and genuine originals. All documents must be in English or translated by a qualified Translator into English.

Providing false documentation is a serious criminal offence and may be prosecuted. Only send documents that are requested. Non-essential documents may delay processing and only a complete set of supporting documents will be accepted and assessed.

Check that you have included all the essential documents from the list in the Application Cover Sheet. Documents that are missing any items will be registered as Incomplete, will not be processed and will be destroyed.Do not send documents separately as these will also be destroyed.

Documents Check List:

• Application Cover Sheet signed and witnessed (in English)
  • Passport Page with photo and personal details
  • Copy of positive Skills Assessment for your nominated occupation
  • Copy of IELTS Test (unless you are from an exempt country) that was undertaken less than two years ago
  • Copy of IELTS if a score of 7.0 (in each band) or higher is required for that occupation (regardless of exempt country)
  • Financial Support Pro Forma Form – completed and signed by the applicant (if a recent international student) and the person providing the support.

Hope this helps.....

Have you found any areas you are keen on? we have been looking at west, Hallet Cove seems really nice.

Havie been looking at the property sites some of the property and land out there is amazing and reasonable. My daughters dream of having a horse may come true yet........

Michelle

Hi all, I am at college at the moment doing my level 3 hairdressing. I have sponsorship for sa through my oh. We have been waiting since nov 2009 so hopefully now we are cat 2 we wont be waiting much longerfor our visa have not done medicals yet.I have 4 boys 7,5,3 and 9 weeks. We waited 8 weeks for our sponsorship to come through so good luck with yours i dont think you should worry you will be fine.

Guest gymnast11
hi michelle, thanks for the good luck, have you applied to sa yet?, i too feel so let down that i dont think we would go to wa now just on princible lol,

definatly there loss:biglaugh:

jools x

hi jools, brisbane was r first choice because we have family there, but things happen for a reason, and as long as i have my family and get out of england, i wasnt really bothered were i went, adelaide looks fab and we r so excited, done everything now i think, just medicals, but they always come up with something else it hasnt been easy,keep in touch and we cud meet up, tc x:jiggy:

Guest stephy150

jools x

Hi Jools, we got state sponsorship for SA in march last year and our application lodged in may. We now have confirmation that it is being processed, (held up due to new smp). My husband is painter and decorator we've had no probs with that. I qualify as a registered mental health nurse at the end of march and have a job to go to in Adelaide. We visited in 2008 as my dad lives there and it is a beautiful place. SA is definitely the place to go. Good luck i'm sure there won't be any problems.

Steph xx

Hi all,

It seems that I am in the sam position as alot of you (hairdresser with WA SS)

I have been filling out the SA sponsorship form and am just about readu to submit it.

Can i just ask though, did any of you say that you have any family or friends in SA? I know 1 person who emigrated about 4 years ago, do you think this will be enough?

Thanks in advance

Emma

Guest jools123
Hi Jools,

We decided to lodge ourselves this time, our agent quoted £500 to submit ss for us and to be honest we have spent a small fortune and just feel we cant justify anymore. To be fair the application was so easy, and they didnt ask about applying to another state, i think this was on the old ss on line form, but they have recently updated it. We were filing in the same questions that we would have sent to our agent so didnt have to work any harder lol! The commitment statement was the only bit i worried about. I had loads to write as SA does look fabulous and seems perfect for us and the kids. The only problem is we have never been there........i just hope it comes accross okay and they can see that we will commit to SA. It is funny after wanting to be in WA for so long we realised whilst researching SA that we much prefer it, fate maybee???

Re documents they dont need to be certified see below (this is from SA website) we sent our last week they took 5 days although quoted 1-3 it cost £25, not bad considering and we could track it all the way.

Documents Required

Documents do not need to be certified copies, but must be copies of true and genuine originals. All documents must be in English or translated by a qualified Translator into English.

Providing false documentation is a serious criminal offence and may be prosecuted. Only send documents that are requested. Non-essential documents may delay processing and only a complete set of supporting documents will be accepted and assessed.

Check that you have included all the essential documents from the list in the Application Cover Sheet. Documents that are missing any items will be registered as Incomplete, will not be processed and will be destroyed.Do not send documents separately as these will also be destroyed.

Documents Check List:

• Application Cover Sheet signed and witnessed (in English)
  • Passport Page with photo and personal details
  • Copy of positive Skills Assessment for your nominated occupation
  • Copy of IELTS Test (unless you are from an exempt country) that was undertaken less than two years ago
  • Copy of IELTS if a score of 7.0 (in each band) or higher is required for that occupation (regardless of exempt country)
  • Financial Support Pro Forma Form – completed and signed by the applicant (if a recent international student) and the person providing the support.

Hope this helps.....

Have you found any areas you are keen on? we have been looking at west, Hallet Cove seems really nice.

Havie been looking at the property sites some of the property and land out there is amazing and reasonable. My daughters dream of having a horse may come true yet........

Michelle

hi michelle, we did ours thru our agent but he did it for 200 dollers which worked out about £135.00 but i wish we had done it ourselves now, ive got to post my documents to him,

i like the loook of hallets cove and gleneg (think i have spelt that wrong) but idealy we would like to build and be 10 -20 mins from beach.

thats exactly what we thought when we started researching sa it actually looks more suited to us as a family than the state i wont mention lol.

our needs are quite simple we like a drink or two over a barbie but defo not in to nightclub lifestyle, more interested in giving the kids a good life.

jools x

Guest jools123
Hi all,

It seems that I am in the sam position as alot of you (hairdresser with WA SS)

I have been filling out the SA sponsorship form and am just about readu to submit it.

Can i just ask though, did any of you say that you have any family or friends in SA? I know 1 person who emigrated about 4 years ago, do you think this will be enough?

Thanks in advance

Emma

hi emma ,

ive said we have family in vic and a few friends in sa who dont know me yet, but they will love me when they do:biglaugh:

jools x

Guest jools123
Hi all, I am at college at the moment doing my level 3 hairdressing. I have sponsorship for sa through my oh. We have been waiting since nov 2009 so hopefully now we are cat 2 we wont be waiting much longerfor our visa have not done medicals yet.I have 4 boys 7,5,3 and 9 weeks. We waited 8 weeks for our sponsorship to come through so good luck with yours i dont think you should worry you will be fine.

omg

how on earth do you manage, four young boys and level 3:goofy:

i need a bottle or two to get thru the day, and ive only got the 2 boys :arghh:

jools x

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there,

I am also a hairdresser. Hairdressing was on the MODL when we moved here.

I have been here for 4 years in April. We also thought about going to Perth but thankfully made the right decision!

I work for a franchise called Just Cuts. There are plenty of hairdressing jobs so getting work won't be a problem.

I wish you all the best!

If you have any questions just ask away!

Take care.

Tamara

Guest jools123
Hi there,

I am also a hairdresser. Hairdressing was on the MODL when we moved here.

I have been here for 4 years in April. We also thought about going to Perth but thankfully made the right decision!

I work for a franchise called Just Cuts. There are plenty of hairdressing jobs so getting work won't be a problem.

I wish you all the best!

If you have any questions just ask away!

Take care.

Tamara

hi tamara,

whats life like for you ,is hairdressing different, is the wage ok for senior stylist, do you have children, people have said sa is boring or the poorer cousin as we havent been there yet (went to perth for rekie cant afford it untill we validate) its realy important to get op veiw, in uk we never go out anyway too busy working but would like things to do if wanted to is there stuff for kids eg water parks sea life centers:goofy:

sorry about all the questions one more did you settle down ok and find friends i think this will be important for me.

many thanks

jools x

Hi Jools,

Hairdressing is very different. I now work in a salon that deals exclsively with cuts...no chemicals at all!

The wage is rubbish but it is higher in the chemical salons and there are the penalty rates for working on Thursday evening and on weekends. I know a number of hairdressers who work part time at the salons and do mobile hairdressing. They charge $20 per cut which is $7 less than the salon.

We originally planned to move to Perth but the massive increase in property prices due to the mining boom killed off the plan. I have been to Sydney and to Melbourne and I prefer it here. It's a slower pace of life and the people are friendlier!!!

I have teenagers and they think that it's boring here! Having said that...they have more freedom than they have ever had. They are never home. Although British, we moved here from Cape Town so they are comparing life there with here! If you look just up the road from us...Noarlunga entertainment precinct...there's the indoor pool and sports centre, cinemas, bowling, ice rink etc. We are surrounded by stunning beaches...the river is close by (canoeing)...it depends what you are into!

I meet lots of Brits in my line of work...lots at the salon and lots in the houses. That is one area that I need to make more effort with! There are some wonderful people here and I need to make the time to develop friendships. The locals are great! Very accomodating, great sense of humour and easy to get along with.

I have no regrets moving here...it will be 4 years in April.

I leave for Perth (a weeks holiday) at the end of the week so I will give you my comparative thoughts!

Tamara

Guest helene73

Thanks Tamara that's great to know, the more research I have done on Adelaide the more I have discovered it looks like a fantastic place to live and I just hope they want me :)

• 1 month later...
Guest helene73
hi helene,

have you applied for sa yet, im realy worried that they wont give it to me because i had wa sponsorship.

i think if we get it we will definatly stay as the saying goes wherever i lay my hat is my home. i dont want to uproot the kids two years later unless we hate it of course:nah:

it would be nice to have some frienships formed with people in the same boat beefore we get there though.

jools x

The more research I have been doing the more I am thinking we will stay put, it really looks like a amazing place. I agree would be nice to some friendships before we go :) Been in touch with some salons and have been told if I get a visa give em a shout and go for a trial with them so that sounds positive and had some really good advice from them :) anyway keep in touch with me and let me know how you are doing x