Hi thinking of returning to oz

Guest GILLIAN

Guest GILLIAN

Hi my husband and I are really thinking about returning to Australia. We left about 2 years ago after emigrating and staying 18mths. We lived in Coffs Harbour NSW. I am on a spousal perm res. visa as my hubby was born in Oz. I work as a nurse for looked after children for the NHS and my husband is a brickie. I wondered what the nursing situation was in Adelaide Im a reg. nurse already in Australia as I kept up the reg( just in case) I would love to hear from anyone that is living and working in Adelaide especially nurses. My husband would also love to hear about the work situation for him and if there are any uk brickies to chat with. We also have two new cats that we would bring with us and as we are going to rent initially we would like to know the chances of a cat friendly landlord. Also what the rules are on bringing cats to OZ. So many questions !!!!!!!!!! Just want to get it right this time. Hope if we make the move it will be about Oct 2011, Thanks Gilly and Brent

Lotsa building and constructions going on so dnt think he would have any issues in finding work.

Have a search through the boards for cats advice we brought our over but the good lady sorted that out...( katsmajic ) drop her a PM<if you like.

Welcome to the forum have a pleasant stay with us and hope to see you on the bottom end soon.

HG

hi Gillian,if you have a look on Real Estate, Property, Land and Homes for Sale, lease and rent - realestate.com.au most of the rentals say either no pets or pets negotiable.it will give you an idea of how many of the rentals will allow you to have your cats.we re-homed ours before we left as we were worried we would struggle with the rentals when we got here.it broke my heart and we are still missing them so much,also Mick really didn't want them to go through the quarantine either,even though i do believe it's only a month.if i could do it all again i think i would try harder to bring them.we were quoted £2700 to get them here and that included everything.can't help with the nurses jobs but my husband found a very well paid job with a building company within a week of getting here.hope that helps.

Don't know much about brickie work or Nurse but we too re-homed our cats before we came out as we thought the quarantine would have been too much for them and the cost was just too expensive.

Having said that if I could I would have brought them, we have since rescued two kittens from the RSPCA over here and it's like home having cats in the house the kids think they are great fun.

Good luck with your decision making process we have been here just over a year and are not looking back...

Don't know much about brickie work or Nurse but we too re-homed our cats before we came out as we thought the quarantine would have been too much for them and the cost was just too expensive.

Having said that if I could I would have brought them, we have since rescued two kittens from the RSPCA over here and it's like home having cats in the house the kids think they are great fun.

Good luck with your decision making process we have been here just over a year and are not looking back...

please could you pm me the info on our local RSPCA centre.need to think about making our house a home too some time in the future.our cats were rescue kittens and even though we did have to re-home them we feel like we gave them everything we could in the time we had them

Guest GILLIAN

Thanks for all your replies, we are hoping to make a visit to Adelaide in March so any info on areas we should visit to help in our reccy would be great. Ive just discovered Adelaide has a women and childrens hospital which is good Im a childrens nurse so I hope to visit that. Any construction work sites that Brent could visit?? Once again Thanks this is such as big thing as I know you all understand Gilly

Guest woolmerdj

Hi Gillian

I have been here 2 years and had worked as a nurse in the community on level 7 in the UK and have an understanding of your present role as a Looked after nurse. I too am an RSCN and am working at Women and children's hospital. They don't have LAC nurses here and there re lots of differences which I can explain to you if you PM me I am happy to answer your particular questions about nursing and my experience, as well as where you can look for a job once you get here. My friends hubby is a brickie and he has never been out of work, but again there are lots of differences. jane