Hello Everyone

Guest fishes20

Guest fishes20

Hi All

We are Jason and Vicky from Warrington, we have two little children Ben aged 5 and Rose 10 months old.

We are hoping to be joining you all in the future.

We have not appointed an agent at the moment but have forwarded an application for a state sponsorship under my trade of Print machinist.

I have a few questions which I hope you can help with, I will post them in the relevent sections.

Jason

Guest shellymc

Hi all

Im just going through the TRA assessment, its so scary is'nt it!. we are from Runcorn and hope to be over there next year sometime. My sister is in Melbourne but Im a hairdresser and my trade got taken off the skilled list in July for Melbourne so we are hopefully goin to Adelaide. This site is really good and lots of good replies and is very helpful. So good luck and let us know how u get on

shelly

Guest fishes20

Hi Shelley

Thanks for reply, and the enthusiasm. Are you using an agent or going it alone? I have filled in the SS form online but having problems with skills assessment, as I am on the SSML but my trade which is printer and is covered by the TRA supposidly, is not on the TRA website.

Jase and Vick

Guest guest3462

Welcome to PIA!!! You will find a whole heap of fantastic information from the members on here, so ask away with any questions you have no matter how daft you might think they seem!! When we were starting out (and even now after we have been in oz 2 years I find myself wondering about this or that and can always find someone on here who has the relevant facts!! You will also make valuable friends through the forum who may well become life long buddies once you arrive here in Adelaide!!

We are just waiting for our 176 visa (and waiting, and waiting.......) so we know what it is like to feel like you are treading water. We didnt use an agent and have saved thousands by applying ourselves online. It is quite straightforward and worth a look at doing that before you commit to an agent. There are loads of documents that you need to source and upload, but once you get into the swing of things you find yourself on a roll and may even end up sending more than you need as extra evidence!! :-)

Good luck with the skills assessment, sorry I can't be of any help with the TRA website, our skills assessment was a bit different with it being done by the medical board in Australia.

Fingers crossed that the DIAC are now catching up with their application processing and visa grant times will be reduced!

Julia

Guest shellymc

Hiya

I'm using an agent Go matilda they r brill, just really busy with work and work long hours with 2 kids aged 6 and 8 and hubby works permanent nites we have'nt got time to sit there filling loads of paper work out. They done my TRA within a week so Im keeping my fingers crossed. At the end of the day its their job and they know all the ins and outs of everything and its worth it in the log run, the points system also changes in July so I wanted my visa lodged by then!!

Shelly

Guest fishes20

Hi Julia

Thanks for the welcome, I just feel like I am going around in circles at the Mo as one website passes you to another and you click a link etc and end up being back on the site you started off with LOL.

Its just the first tentative steps on the journey though so fingers crossed.

Jase and Vick

Guest fishes20

Hi Diane

Thanks for the welcome, everyone been helpful so far. when I have sorted some of the nitty gritty things to do with application, I will have more fun questions to ask, so to speak lol

Jase and Vick