Newbe!!!

Guest gemma118

Guest gemma118

Hi everyone!!!

My partner and I were told this wk that we have FINALLY been given a case officer so our application should be completed very soon. We are both VERY excited about moving down under but also very nervous. We will be looking into areas to live so any advice would be fab. We are both in our early 30's and have no children.

Looking forward to finding our way around this forum.:notworthy:

Hi and welcome to the forum

Obviously everyone is different, and areas to look at will depend on where your job might be, but if you like a bit of going out, stuff to do in the evenings etc, you could do worse than looking at a few of the following areas:

Norwood, Glenelg, North Adelaide, Unley, Goodwood, Brighton, Henley.....

All good starting points anyway, which will enable you to look around and find a place that really suits you as individuals

Diane

Hi and welcome to the forum

Obviously everyone is different, and areas to look at will depend on where your job might be, but if you like a bit of going out, stuff to do in the evenings etc, you could do worse than looking at a few of the following areas:

Norwood, Glenelg, North Adelaide, Unley, Goodwood, Brighton, Henley.....

All good starting points anyway, which will enable you to look around and find a place that really suits you as individuals

Diane

I would agree with Diane regarding suburbs. We are a couple in our 30's with no kids and have always lived close to the city. We only run one car, live on a bus/train/tram route so don't sit in traffic jams and we feel this contributes to our quality of life. If I catch the train to work in the city it takes 10 minutes and my partner catches the bus and it takes 20 mins door to door. Of course living close to the city is not for everyone and generally the houses are expensive.

Guest CHORLEY GIRL

Hi there,

We are a couple in our 30's, no children. I would have to agree. We live in Brighton and have one car. I walk to work and my OH works in the city so travels by train, soon to be by bus and train as the station will be closed for a while. Everything is so handy and great for our social life as it's not to far from the city and Glenelg. You have the Marion shopping centre and locally still have some great places to eat and drink within walking distance to stagger home, oh and a great beach which doesn't get jam packed. So in our opinion it's a perfect location with everything on your doorstep. But everyone's idea of perfect is different and it depend's on what you personally are looking for, also your budget. Good luck.:D

Jo x

Guest AngPhil

Hi,

We are also new to the forum, our 176 visa went in on 19th Nov 2010 and so far we don't have a CO. We are married I'm a Secondary School Maths teacher and my OH is an electrician. We have two children who are 11 and 7. We are coming over at the end of April to have a quick visit. Or plan is to move over in Jan 2013, visa's dependent. We are hoping to get our visa through and then come for a visit again next year before our medicals and police checks are out of date. The idea is to check out the schools and areas we want to move too.

Any advice about schools who can cater for dyslexic children (my oldest is quite badly dyslexic), areas to live in, thoughts about bringing our dog with us and any work related advice for both of us would be greatly received.

Thanks and we can't wait to be in Adelaide.

Ang ;)