Hi there - new to Poms in Adelaide

Guest thesmiths

Guest thesmiths

Hello Everyone,

We are currently applying for a PR and fingers crossed will be moving to Adelaide once we get that stamp in our passports. :D However, we only lodged our application at the end of Oct so have a long wait........ :sad: We had our meds finalised yesterday so at least things are moving.

We are looking to move around the Seaford/Noarlunga area and wondered if anyone knew either area at all? My eldest son is 4 (will be 5 in March) so will have to look at schools although not quite sure when he would start. Any advice would be gratefully received as I feel like I am walking around in the dark! :confused:

Thanks,

Teresa (35), hubby Steve (35), Ewan (4) and Daniel (8 months)

Hi there Smith family, welcome to PIA!

We are also in the visa process and hopefully going out march time. children usually start school a year after they do so in the UK, so this should give you some indication.

Seaford is a nice area, noarlunga has a nice beach, but there are others on here who are living in those areas at the moment and will be able to supply you with the information that you are looking for.

Good luck with your visa and again welcome to the site!

"We are also in the visa process and hopefully going out march time. children usually start school a year they do so in the UK, so this should give you some indication.":confused:

Hi, welcome to PIA, your sure to find all the answers your looking for here. Good luck with the visa it may not take as long as you think.

Simon

Hi the smiths

Think I'v seen your posts on another forum I like to peak to see how you October lot are doing. ;) I'm a Sept 175.

We are looking to go to Adelaide as soon as our visa comes (if it ever does) our little boy Lewis is 4, 5 end of Feb and I have a Steve too.

Just wanted to say hello and welcome.

Tina x:wacko:

Guest graandjac

:)Hi Guys , welcome to pia its a great place with some great people . We have just returned from our reccie and we are looking at these areas seaford is newer with both old and new properties available, all the schools, shops and amenities you could wish for. The same for Noaralunga the river area is just fab and our fav spot a real community feel, great beach shopping centre not to far away and the river up to Old Noaralunga is .......BEAUTIFUL......Good luck Cheers Graham

Guest sarahsmartiepants

Seaford and Noarlunga are both nice spots, Port Noarlunga is a lovely beach. I would live there if I had no kids, as they are older I dont think for them getting to the city etc for night life would be too easy.

sarah

Welcome to PIA,

My mate has all your albums.:biglaugh:

We are a bit behind you as our bloods have come back and all the med stuff was sent off to Oz yesterday. I'm sure there will be someone to throw a bit of light your way.

Pete

Guest dglamoore

Hi Smiths and welcome to PIA :wubclub:

We live in Port Noarlunga South so smack bang in the middle of Seaford and Noarlunga. I have a 5 year old so similar to your little one. Let me know any questions you have on the area and will try and help :)

Good luck with your visa and hope the wait is not too long for you

Lisa:v_SPIN:

Guest jen&ian

Hi Smiths,

We are in Moana, another nice spot(IMO), and again on the doorstep of the places you have mentioned. I could be wrong but I think your little boy would be in Kindy, or perhaps just into recepion depending on when his birthday falls. Good luck with everything.

Jen;)

Hi

We have been here 12 weeks and living in Seaford.

We really like it down here. Five minutes walk to the beach, five minutes walk to Seaford Shopping Centre and 15 minutes walk to school.

Christopher and Gemma have settled in well at Seaford K-7 school. I think your child would be in Kindy and start reception in February 2009.

Good luck with your application and hope to see you here soon.

Paula:v_SPIN:

Guest thesmiths

Thanks to everyone for your welcoming replies. What a friendly forum!

Its great to hear from people that are also in the process and from those that are already in Adelaide (you lucky people!). Can't wait to hopefully meet up with you all in Adelaide sometime!

Thanks also for the advice on Seaford/Noarlunga and schools. The suburbs sounds lovely and just what we are looking for. Now where's our case officer....... :skeptical:

Teresa

x

Guest Libby1971

Hi

Seaford is a nice area and I love the area of Port Noarlunga South. Like Sarahsmartiepants said, it is a little further out if you have older kids (I wanted ours to be closer to the city just in case) but I should think with your little ones you and they will be fine.

Good luck

Libby:jiggy:

Guest louiesmum

Hi

Welcome to site, we have just got our visa's & are in process of trying to sell our house. Good luck with getting your visa & your move over. I have two little boys 6 & 2, who are really looking forward too the move.:o