Hello Im new

Guest The Blonde

Guest The Blonde

Hi all

Thought Id introduce myself. Ive been in Adelaide a month now and have recently moved here on my lonesome from New Zealand originally Cardiff / Lincolnshire. Im single lady in my early-mid 30s living in North Adelaide.

If anyone fancies meeting for a few pints, cup of coffee etc Id love to hear from you as Im getting a bit sick of my own company and would love to make a few friends.

Cheers

Niki

Guest nakigirl

Hi Niki sorry I'm not actually in Adelaide as yet but wondered how you've been finding the move from NZ. We've been in NZ - New Plymouth for six years and are planning to move to Adelaide next year. We also liked the look of the North Adelaide ares too.

Hi Niki

Drpom ie uk doctors are meeting at queens head 8pm friday

Home

Hi all

Thought Id introduce myself. Ive been in Adelaide a month now and have recently moved here on my lonesome from New Zealand originally Cardiff / Lincolnshire. Im single lady in my early-mid 30s living in North Adelaide.

If anyone fancies meeting for a few pints, cup of coffee etc Id love to hear from you as Im getting a bit sick of my own company and would love to make a few friends.

Cheers

Niki

Guest The Blonde

Hi Nakigirl

Ive found the move to Australia from Auckland to be pretty hassle free to be honest. I think after living in NZ the jump isnt that much different. The same banks and pretty similar systems for most things etc. Im not sure whether you are a NZ citizen but the fact that I have a New Zealand passport has really helped ease the move. Not having to deal with the immigration system has made things incredibly hassle free, as the rental agent said "ah NZ its just another state really". I didnt even have to speak to anyone at the airport just went through the electronic system and I was in.

Hope thats of some help? If you need any more information just send me a pm through Im happy to help.

Guest nakigirl
Hi Nakigirl

Ive found the move to Australia from Auckland to be pretty hassle free to be honest. I think after living in NZ the jump isnt that much different. The same banks and pretty similar systems for most things etc. Im not sure whether you are a NZ citizen but the fact that I have a New Zealand passport has really helped ease the move. Not having to deal with the immigration system has made things incredibly hassle free, as the rental agent said "ah NZ its just another state really". I didnt even have to speak to anyone at the airport just went through the electronic system and I was in.

Hope thats of some help? If you need any more information just send me a pm through Im happy to help.

Thanks Niki, I thought there would be a lot of similarities. We are currently applying for our NZ citizenship so will have no probs in that area same as you. Are you finding the cost of living better than NZ? Everyone is always moaning that in Aussie you get paid more and everythings cheaper over there!

Samantha

Guest The Blonde

Its a bit more expensive than NZ definitely especially the food and alcohol! They way Ive found it is everything is pretty much the same number in dollars if that makes sense. Im earning more if you convert but its really about the same number and everything seems about the same number including renting etc. Its definitely not cheaper though admittedly I suspect Im living in a very nice/slightly more upmarket and costly area then if you were to move less centrally.

Guest forbess

Hi Niki

Welcome to the forum, you'll get loads of info on here...I certainly have. I've not arrives yet planned to do so later this year but will also be coming over on my own so it would be great to hear about your experiences, I will send you a PM (if I can remember how to!) as I would love to hear how you have found settling in etc.

Cheers, Sharon