New to this - Hello all

Guest Claire

Hi All,

Myself and boyfriend Ross are from Glasgow in the glorious Scotland, we are hoping to make the move to SA based on a 176 visa, as Ross is a bright spark or in other words an electrician! We are hoping to make to move to Adelaide this year, we are at the early stages, we have submitted our SS and all the paperwork was received on the 2nd Feb....so waiting for a response.

Then hopefully get the visa lodged - so nervous!!

We have been looking at nice areas to live, can anyone recommend anywhere, I was looking at Glengelg and Brighton - they look lovely but a little more expensive.

Any chat would be great!!

Thanks

Claire & Ross

• 2 weeks later...
Guest sarahtwinn82

Hi, welcome to PIA.

nearly everyone asks which areas are best to live and the answer is get here and see because everyone likes different things. You will have to have short term rental to begin with so that will be a good oppurtunity to have a look around. Some people live an easy commuting route to work so it will depend on where you get a job. My personal reccomendation is find a job for at least one of you before coming as my hubby has been looking for work for 7 months. He's a radiographer and his occupation is on the demand list for SA. Thats a joke there are no jobs.

If it helps a good starting point is Hallet Cove ( just my personal thought). Apart from the work issue we're actually enjoying it here. Hope the visa process goes easily for you.

hey, im from stirling just arrived a month ago, i stay in glenelg with my mum

do u have kids or is it just the 2 of u?

if its just the two of u glenelg will be ideal for finding ur bearings getting used to public transport etc... plus its awesome, i couldnt live anywhere else, my friend stays along west beach way, which is also nice.

id say, glenelg, west beach, henley beach, lockleas, fulham gardens, plympton :)