Hello - hoping to move to adelaide :)

Guest tuckerfitz

Guest tuckerfitz

Hi All,

Just wanted to introduce myself (Claire), my better half of 11 years Steve and our 5 month old daughter, we will be submitting our 176 visa soon and can't wait to join the 'land down under'. I am applying as the main applicant as a Public Relations Professional, my partner of 11 years Steve has a degree in surveying and has also worked as a lithographic printer.

We have not told many people just yet as we want to make sure we don't have any problems with the visa etc. I look forward to talking to you all more.

Claire :cute:

Guest Guest6899
Hi All,

Just wanted to introduce myself (Claire), my better half of 11 years Steve and our 5 month old daughter, we will be submitting our 176 visa soon and can't wait to join the 'land down under'. I am applying as the main applicant as a Public Relations Professional, my partner of 11 years Steve has a degree in surveying and has also worked as a lithographic printer.

We have not told many people just yet as we want to make sure we don't have any problems with the visa etc. I look forward to talking to you all more.

Claire :cute:

Hi Claire welcome to PIA, good luck with your plans.

Lisa

Guest tuckerfitz

Hi All,

Thanks for the replies - I have written to VETASSESS about my job and will see what they have to say.

Decided not to say anything to the folks just yet - have told some friends though some supportive and some unsure.

Claire x

Guest garlic--bread

Hi Claire welcome to this brilliant site, don't forget to use the search option as you'll usually find your answers that way. By the way great screen name, daren't try and pronounce it when I'm drunk though, lol :D

Guest BigSmiles

Good luck with everything! Completely understand about not saying anything. We have talked about it for so long I don't think people will believe us :) We are going to start telling folk when we have been assigned a case officer...ages away for us. Exciting times are ahead!

Guest littlem

Lol! I wish I had kept quiet, all we get is I thought you were going to Australia....,.,,impossible to explain the visa process to someone not going through it.

All the best and keep us posted on how it's going.

Guest tuckerfitz

Ha - thanks garlic bread I know what you mean about the username ;) just our surname hybrid :)

I know the process takes a long time - I know my mum will be a nightmare, will try and talk me out of it every 5 minutes. I just oz will be the best place for us - especially for our daughter and the future kids :)

Claire x

Guest garlic--bread

Hi Claire, you will find this is a great site, almost everyone is here to help and the info you will get is priceless. I always get the 'Why haven't you gone to Aus yet' thing. Incidentally, what made you choose Adelaide? I want to go as my sister now lives there, she used to live in Wagga Wagga in NSW and I kept going on about how nice I thought Adelaide looked, plus they had friends in Adelaide and in the end she took the plunge (as if going to Australia in the first place wasn't enough) and made the move interstate and loves it!! I can't wait to get there!

Guest tuckerfitz

Hi GB,

We been thinking about oz for about 7 years - my other half has been researching areas and we were set on Brisbane. But further research makes me think Adelaide would be better especially since our daughter came along 6 months ago.

Just had some news about my vetassess and need to get my qualifications accredited. :)

Claire

Guest fatman

Hello there!! :)

Welcome to the Poms in Adelaide!! its a brilliant forum, the people are very welcoming, and they are very helpful with any questions! we have personally found the forum a great help!! It's very comforting knowing there are many families in the same position as yourselves.

Understand what you mean abt nt telling all the family yet.... be prepared for many diff reactions!! we personally went through many stages from our family as we are leaving behind two grown up daughters and a Grandaughter.... be prepared for your own "ups and downs" as well...Hope it all goes well.... it will be worth it in the end!

We just had news of our Case Officer from Australia today!!! so its all go for us just now! and very exciting!!! we are going to Edinburgh on Saturday to sit our Medicals.

Graham, Janis & daughter Sophie (age 12)

(Aberdeenshire, Scotland..... In the COLD!!!!) :SLEEP:

Guest tuckerfitz

Thanks Graham, I hope all goes smoothly for you. The more I read about Adelaide the more I want to go. We have spent the past fews nights looking at the album photos on here and looking at houses. :) I know it will be tough leaving people behind, will your older children come out at some point? A big push for me came recently as I about to return to work from maternity leave - per week I will get 3 hours a night and the weekends with my little girl :( - I want more!

We are going to the down under live event in London at the weekend, to get more info.

Claire :)

Guest tuckerfitz

Hi GB,

Well we came and we went and boy was it disappointing. The only good thing came out was a recruitment consultant confidant she could get my OH work.

So I would recommend saving your cash and looking on here.

Claire :)

Guest garlic--bread

Thanks for the heads up Claire, wasn't sure wether to go to one of them or not. some say they learned a lot others say the opposite, think I'll just carry on as normal, lol :)

Russ