waiting..waiting and more waiting!!

cazzaj

hi my names carolyn and were just waiting for state sponser for adelaide and then we can apply for visas!my husband is an electrician and we have 2 girls age 13 and 2.we really want to be there by easter next year and hope the visas go in before july when it all changes again.we are going this easter for a holiday to perth to see family then to adelaide cant wait but i know we wont want to come back and still have to wait a year before we go for good:sad:were staying in port naulunga(sorry im crap at spelling) and going to have good look around while we there.any ideas where nice areas,schools etc are any imformation is much appreciated.......

we have been toying with idea to emergrate for years and finally made decision last year to do it!!my husband has been electrician for over 20yrs and has always found it easy to get work but last year he got laid off and it took 5months to get another job and is working for alot less money then when he was in his 20s!!

i work for the local council as a support worker for adults with learning disabilites so my job is underthreat in the next couple of years so we just thort LETS DO IT!!! so now the waiting game has begun!!

we put in our state sponsership in december does anyone know how long it takes???

thanks for looking at my post and any advice would be much appreciated:goofy:

Hi Carolyn ,there's quite a few on here waiting for SA ss ,So you should have a read through the Migration posts,it seems the time line is around 8 weeks but its very slow at the minute,when did you apply.

Kev.

It takes 8 weeks for ss from sa and don't forget about the christmas shut down. What date did you apply?

Any idea what the timescale to get ss from WA is Kev? Thanks.

My agent said around 4 at the moment,i'm just taking his word for it, as hes doing this all the time,he said they have SA ss over 8 weeks and waiting.I asked if I could apply for both as a back up ,but he thought it was a bad idea as your supposed to be making a commitment to your state sponser and applying for 2 dosn't really do that:biglaugh: